Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tangerine tomato

Are all 10% acne creams the same ?

ok i used to use clean & clear 10% benzoyl peroxide cream, i had been using that since i was 11 (im 15 now) b/c i always break out on my nose (but nowhere else for some reason) and it was the only thing that worked....and then i went to buy more but they didnt have anymore left in the store so i bought the clearasil one & it doesnt seem to be as effective, but it's 10% benzoyl peroxide too....i know they cant be exactly the same because some things are different about them, like the consistency

ok do you think i've just been using bp so long that it wont work anymore or is it that clearasil isnt as good?

ok i used to use clean & clear 10% benzoyl peroxide cream, i had been using that since i was 11 (im 15 now) b/c i always break out on my nose (but nowhere else for some reason) and it was the only thing that worked....and then i went to buy more but they didnt have anymore left in the store so i bought the clearasil one & it doesnt seem to be as effective, but it's 10% benzoyl peroxide too....i know they cant be exactly the same because some things are different about them, like the consistency

ok do you think i've just been using bp so long that it wont work anymore or is it that clearasil isnt as good?

U dont have to use 10% BP, have u tried 2.5% instead? it works as well if not better.

it seems like all the bp creams in the drug store are "maximum strength" (aka 10%)

but i guess i should use that so it wont bleach my skin... :( my skin looks all weird now

As has been said, every 10% BP concentration formula is made differently. One thing they have in common, however, is that they're overly and unnecessarily irritating to the skin. If you need something over-the-counter, go with Neutrogena On the Spot. Otherwise, I highly recommend ordering a large container of Dan's BP. It'll save you a bunch of money too.