Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Moon Face

Fraxel Repair Veterans - Would you recommend it ?

To all Fraxel Repair Veterans please tell us:

1) What type of scars you had and their location? (pock marks, saucer shape, rolling, cheeks, forhead, temples)

2) Improvement % wise (10%, 88%)

3) Are you happy with the results ?

your feedback is greatly appreciated

I am not a Fraxel Repair vet though I did have the Fraxel RESTORE done several years ago with good but modest results. check out the link below at REAL SELF with some reveiws of Fraxel Repair patients. So far the BUZZ has been Very positive and there is a stellar 85% Thumbs up rate from Repair Vets. This ranks this New procedure as one of the best Esthetic Treatments PERIOD!

lets keep a close eye on this!

http://www.realself.com/Fraxel-Repair/reviews

Fraxel Repair is a great option for people who have some wrinkling and pigmentation problems. However, I had it done for acne scarring and texture issues and it seemed like it didn't do much for those. There were some rolling scars and ice pick scars on my cheeks and nose which the fraxel Repair didn't seem to improve upon. There was a 35% improvement in my entire face and that was just not enough for the $4500.00 price tag. I don't know what the Fraxel Restore does for acne scars and texture but you can ask for higher settings in subsequent treatments since each is a 1/4 of the cost if the first doesn't do much which you cannot with repair since it is a one time deal.

Fraxel Repair is a great option for people who have some wrinkling and pigmentation problems. However, I had it done for acne scarring and texture issues and it seemed like it didn't do much for those. There were some rolling scars and ice pick scars on my cheeks and nose which the fraxel Repair didn't seem to improve upon. There was a 35% improvement in my entire face and that was just not enough for the $4500.00 price tag. I don't know what the Fraxel Restore does for acne scars and texture but you can ask for higher settings in subsequent treatments since each is a 1/4 of the cost if the first doesn't do much which you cannot with repair since it is a one time deal.

How come many are doing fraxel repair more than once?

Fraxel Repair twice. It takes 2-4 procedures for optimum results. People are going to be dissapointed with one procedure, because that is simply not enough for acne scars. I am probably at 60% improvement, and I am looking at a 3rd procedure in November. I don't know if it works for people with ice pick scars, or with darker skin. Fraxel Repair is the most effective treatment I have done and I have done Dermabrasion and CO2.

Fraxel Repair twice. It takes 2-4 procedures for optimum results. People are going to be dissapointed with one procedure, because that is simply not enough for acne scars. I am probably at 60% improvement, and I am looking at a 3rd procedure in November. I don't know if it works for people with ice pick scars, or with darker skin. Fraxel Repair is the most effective treatment I have done and I have done Dermabrasion and CO2.

So you are going to do it a third time? Why are some saying you can only do it once? I have even heard one doctor say this is a one time thing. I am confused.

I don't mean this as a knock, but aren't you afraid of the dangers of doing such a procedure more than once. I mean, I think it's great you've gotten such a significant improvement, but it is an invasive procedure. Doing it even once, is something not to be taken lightly. Have you suffered any side effects so far, like a weird texture, hyperpigmentation, more scarring or anything associated with CO2. I mean, I realize it's a different kind of CO2 than the original, but it's still a laser. Anyway, I don't mean any offense by this, I am just curious. I am in the process of doing grafts to get my scars as level as possible and after that I think I will do a resurfacing and I wonder what is better, the Repair or dermabrasion. Do you think the depth of your scars will have to do with whether you need to do the procedure more than once?

Madadam, the "One and Done" thing was the initial advertising, but it was directed at non-acne scarred people. Fraxel Repair was not initially approved for the treatment of acne scars(it still might not be), but it was adopted by people with acne scars. It was the doctors on RealSelf who realized that to treat acne scars it would take more than one treatment. I am not a doctor, but it appears for any type of serious scarring it will require at least 3 treatments. I am only 6 weeks post-op, but it does appear that the results are cumulative. Many people are fooled by the initial swelling, and then are disappointed when the swelling subsides. I would estimate a 30% improvement from the first laser and I am standing at about 60% from the 2nd. I am also aware that this 60% may decline in the coming months. Expectations are everything, and anybody who expects a "One & Done" procedure would be better off seeking a "Miracle Healer".