Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rapidfire7

How long does it keep working for after finishing???

Hello all,

I keep hearing conflicting information about how long accutane keeps working after stopping it (if not already clear)... I've heard weeks, 1 month, 2 months etc... From your experience how long can it go on working for after the day of stopping?

1-2 months

I noticed after my first tane course than my skin was still somewhat dry for 1 months post tane and my skin continued to improve dramatically in the 2 months after (in terms of marks fading especially)

Hello all,

I keep hearing conflicting information about how long accutane keeps working after stopping it (if not already clear)... I've heard weeks, 1 month, 2 months etc... From your experience how long can it go on working for after the day of stopping?

Well thats a hard question, because it seems to be pretty random... Some people are "cured" forever, some peoples acne returns but not as bad as before, and some people even need to take another course afterwards(which might not work either).

i would search the forum for more accurate answers.

i think about 20% are totally cured, the rest either clear for a couple of years or it can even come back worse.

ive been cleared for about a year now

Realistically i think you should expect for your acne to be kicked down a couple of notches in the long run. You may be clear for a while and if your a male of the right age you probably have a better chance of clearing for good.

But i beleive for most people you will still have some form of acne, although it will be far more responsive to other modalities of treatment.

Accutane wasn't worth it for me and i totally regret it as a side note.

With me the day after stopping (a week ago) I pretty much immediately started breaking out again :(... Like worse then it had been for a long time... This sucks....I am thinking maybe of taking a couple more boxes to try and kill it for good.. btw Im 24/m so I don't know why the f*ck I still have this problem!

many factors contribute to getting acne back after tane, but it tends to make it easier to deal with, even if its not 100% clear after. also, sebum production (if oily skin is also an issue) is greatly reduced

but sometimes people have bad reactions or grow other things in place of acne

making it even worse than before

With me the day after stopping (a week ago) I pretty much immediately started breaking out again :(... Like worse then it had been for a long time... This sucks....I am thinking maybe of taking a couple more boxes to try and kill it for good.. btw Im 24/m so I don't know why the f*ck I still have this problem!

if it made you worse, maybe you shouldnt take more?