Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tired princess

dying hair on accutane?

so reading about accutane i just came across this.

"If you want to chemically process your hair (dye, highlights, streaking, etc.) you should probably do this well before your start your Accutane treatment. Otherwise, you should wait for 6 months after you stop your treatment."

is this true? i dye my hair AT LEAST once a month, and there's no way i could go that long!

Dying your hair should be fine as long as you're not overprocessing it or washing it too frequently. Your hair WILL be on the dry side while on the medicine since you'll have virtually no sebum to moisturize it, so try to stretch out your washes. No biggy.

yup i colored mine on friday and put highlights in yesterday. and my hair is never dry! its so soft and shiny.

thanx everyone ;)

i know, i need to stop freaking out about every little thing i hear!

yup i colored mine on friday and put highlights in yesterday. and my hair is never dry! its so soft and shiny.

thanx everyone ;)

i know, i need to stop freaking out about every little thing i hear!

but i also have no side effects but dry lips and they're not even that bad. only a little flakey and aquaphor takes care of that! so caution yourself.

glad to hear you aren't being scared off by those fear mongers on here.

i read one reply to someone asking an accutane question and it said "sorry, I wouldn't know. I'm not taking accutane, I don't want my hair to fall out." complete bull shit!