Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest fignootron

Electrocautery in Chicago for Hypertrophic Scars/Sebaceous Hyperplasia?

Guest fignootron

i'm looking for someone in the chicagoland area who does electrocautery. i have bumps on my nose, which i believe are a combination of sebaceous hyperplasia and hypertrophic scars. here is a pic:

gallery_76234_8092_26888.jpg

i have bumps on my chin too, which i hope to get removed. if anyone has any recommendations for doctors (or procedures, or really anything to help get rid of these things), that'd be great. i've been severely depressed for the past year and i simply want this to end.

I've heard people speak wonders of baking powder... could a glycolic peel help those sort of scars as well? I'm not sure if I helped, but I hope I did. Saw the pictures though, and they're really not as bad as you think they are. Nothing is ever as bad as the person experiencing... whatever it is... thinks it is. :proud:

Baking POWDER? i think you have that mixed up with Baking SODA. Scrubbing his nose with baking soda will not help ..it will irritate. Don't do it.

fignootron, I'm also in Chicago. I'm sorry I can't recommend a doctor. I do wonder though, if you have seen a doc yet, and if he/she suggested kenelog injections? It may be all you need to flatten your bumps.

I truly understand your depression over your nose bumps. I suffer with the opposite, an atrophic scar on the tip of my nose. Sadly, it's been over 4 years and I cannot find a doc in Chicago or the surrounding area that is willing help me. I have been to many a quack.

If you decide on a doc, PM me..I i may have been there and can give you my experience (so as you don't waste your time or money.) I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help.

I like electrocautery for my sebaceous hyperplasia. It's cheap and works great. Almost any derm can do it. The device is often called a hyfrecator. I circle the spots or dot them with a ball point pen because they can be hard to see for the doc.

Baking POWDER? i think you have that mixed up with Baking SODA. Scrubbing his nose with baking soda will not help ..it will irritate. Don't do it.

fignootron, I'm also in Chicago. I'm sorry I can't recommend a doctor. I do wonder though, if you have seen a doc yet, and if he/she suggested kenelog injections? It may be all you need to flatten your bumps.

I truly understand your depression over your nose bumps. I suffer with the opposite, an atrophic scar on the tip of my nose. Sadly, it's been over 4 years and I cannot find a doc in Chicago or the surrounding area that is willing help me. I have been to many a quack.

If you decide on a doc, PM me..I i may have been there and can give you my experience (so as you don't waste your time or money.) I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Guest fignootron

wanted to bump this topic. still trying to find a derm in chicago who can treat sebaceous hyperplasia/sebaceous cysts?

there is only one doc I can recommend tocontact. Dr. Edward Lack. He is a nice guy, and he seems to be the only doc in the area who is actually up on different techniques. I cant promise you anything, since i haven't seen him in years (his offices are too far from me now) but I subscribe to his blog and he seems to know what hes talking about. Perhaps you can contact him via email and ask him if he does the procedure you are looking for. It wouldn't hurt to try.

here is a link to his blog, it also has contact info

http://www.healthandappearance.blogspot.com/

I wish you luck.

Guest fignootron

thanks so much, greatly appreciate it. shot him an email. *fingers crossed* :)

Does the electrocautery leave scars?

Hi Fignootron,

I have the exact same problem, several bumps on my nose...I don't think they're sebaceous hyperplasia, but rather raised bump-shaped scars where I previously had cystic acne on my nose. I was hoping that you could update me on your progress and let me know how it worked out. I'd like to pursue the same treatment if it works!