Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Aroused Guy

How do you feel when you notice someone else with acne?

Personally, I really don't care.

I don't think the person is weird or anything, it's one of the last things I think about.

I've never thought of anyone hardly with acne, and this was before I had acne.

I feel really, really comforted because I almost never see anyone with acne. so when I see someone with it, I know exactly what they're going through and all the suffering they've had and I feel like I've known them for years even if I don't even know their name. Like about a month ago I ran into a girl with acne just like mine in the "Physician's Formula" section at Target. It's just a really relieving feeling to see someone else going through the same thing, espesially because it's so uncommon where I live

Personally, I really don't care.

I don't think the person is weird or anything, it's one of the last things I think about.

I've never thought of anyone hardly with acne, and this was before I had acne.

Same here.

I work in retail and once a guy (looked around my age) came in with his family to buy shoes. His acne was out of control, I couldn't help to feel what kind of pain he was suffering and what he has to go through. I wanted to initiate a conversation with him, but decided I shouldn't as he might not be comfortable about it. I kinda just wanted to tel him my past experience with acne and how I am on Accutane right now and how it improved my skin so far. I later decide its best to leave it be, but I didn't think of him any different.

I don't usually notice it unless it's really severe, and then I just feel bad for them.

Indifferent, I guess.

I see people with some kind of skin problem(s) all the time. I'm not going to speculate whether or not they are miserable about it

I'd never approach them about it either, even if it's blatantly obvious that they are distressed about it. Whether or not my intentions were good, it would just be patronizing. No matter what I'd say, it would just be like "Hey! I noticed your acne!".

Not to mention that I'm not particularly outgoing anyway

I see people with varying amounts of acne everyday. It doesn't make me feel anything in particular,I don't think any less of them, and it certainly doesn't make me feel better - just cos this condition is extremely common doesn't mean I'm comfortable with having it!

If I were to talk about my past experiences with it to someone who was going through it, it would feel wrong. Like I'm talking down to them, like I'm above acne or know all about it or something. Im still trying to recover my mental state too, and theres nothing I could tell them that they probably dont know already.

But I do feel a small connection with them, although I have no idea if they feel the same about acne as I did, so I usually dont bother.

If a person has really severe acne I would feel sorry for them. I myself, dont have severe acne and to see someone with that type of acne is really sad. But on the other hand, when I see someone with 1 or 2 pimples and I hear them complaining and hiding then that makes me feel...well...its hard to explain, but it makes me feel like saying shut up to them. I probably have moderate acne but for my age its pretty severe. What I do to keep it under control is eat healthy, 5 fruits & 5 veggies, and exercise ALOT!! And by that I mean ALOT!!! I exercise for about 3 or 4 hours a day, either by running, walking or just jumping around going crazy!!!!!!

Anyway, thanks for reading and good luck with the treatment of your acne problem!!!

From Illiey123/Ksenia

Its pretty rare that I see someone with acne, but to be fair its pretty rare that I go out nowadays.

I usually feel sympathetic though, basically I know exactly what they are going through

i've been lucky because i had mild acne which dans bp and aha sorted out ... now i'm clear and any1 i meet now prob wudnt tell what my skin was like last year... although for some reason i can't let go off this site and will continue posting reviews...:)

anyway yesterday i made a new friend whilst out, she looked like a beautiful girl, unfortunately had moderate to severe acne under her liquid foundation... i desperately wanted to bring up acne.org just in case she hasn't been on here and maybe she could find help like i did... but i didn't know how to do it...especially because i was worried it would sound patronising...

now i feel bad...i mean high chances are she is aware and is doing something... so what business do i have sticking my oar in...i wouldn't want to advise her what to do...just tell her this is a great place for info....

any suggestions? i guess i should i leave well alone...maybe she'll bring it up on her own...or i could tell her my routine in the morning and mention the products...it just seems a shame...i mean this site should be shared, not kept secret

i feel heaps bad if theres is as bad/worse as mine esp coz i know wat they must be going thru...theres this girl in my class whos actually quite pretty from far away but up close shes got heaps of acne and a tonne of makeup to cover it..she always seems kinda depressed.

well i have acne and quite bad red marks and i have to admit that when i see someone with acne i feel quite awkward.

I feel that if they see me i know what they are thinking about my acne.... i almost prefer seeing someone with clear skin.

i've been thinking and my decision is not say anything, it feels selfish but she's a beautiful, sweet girl and i only jus met her so i have no place saying anything...i mean i'd never tell someone to lose weight and quite frankly we shud get to know people for who they are not what they look like... if we become better friends and she brings it up i will happily chatter away but until then i will jus be my normal goofy self - we had a good laugh and girly chit chats bout guys and stuff... so i'll jus continue to do that cus hopefully when she laughing she's not thinking about acne

i used to be bothered by it, but now i feel kind of instantly connected as im not as ashamed of it as i once was, i dont blame myself anymore, but still not exactly wanting to do photoshoots.

Instantly connected, although this makes me want to look at them intensley, so I'm working on not doing that. Feeling connected or not, staring is still rude. But if I do see them looking at me, I try to give them my biggest smile. Sometimes they smile back. :)

I feel really bad. No one should have to deal with it. :( Most times the others have it worse than me and I can only imagine how I would feel. :(

I just try to look them in the eye, smile, and not let my eyes wander to their acne, though that's hard because other's people with acne do make me feel very comforted.

I would NEVER say something to someone about their acne unless they say something first.

Sympathy.

I have no trouble talking to others with acne, but I'm always sure to make eye contact throughout the conversation because (as I know from experience) looking anywhere else is generally unsettling. I would hope that the person I'm talking to sees the scars I have from previous bouts with acne and is comforted to know that it's possible to still have a life.

In general, I just try to make the person feel as comfortable as possible by pretending I don't see the acne. Unless of course they brought it up then I'd be more than happy to listen and hopefully add some advice.

I sympathise, and I feel instantly connected. However, I do admit, if their acne is worse than mine, there is a small part of me that says "wow, my acne isnt that bad compared to theirs" which I then dont like myself for thinking, but being completly honest, thats what I do.

When I had mild acne and saw someone with moderate to severe acne, I'd just think, "At least that isn't my case."

When I had moderate going to severe acne, I was too consumed with myself to even notice or care about others suffering from the same condition.

When I finally got it under control but had red marks and scarring everywhere and saw someone suffering from acne, I'd sympathise and hope they find something that'll work for them. I also made sure that if I we were to converse, I'd make them feel comfortable.

Now that I just have scarring, I do notice people with acne but I don't really think anything other than, "Oh, they have acne. Been there. They'll find something."

...But just the other day at school, I was in the computer lab and a group of guys came in and they saw this other guy who had pretty severe acne on both his cheeks and his chin and one of the guys in the group was pointing it out to his friends and laughing and the other guys were telling him to quit "being a bitch." -- I felt very sorry then. Reinforced not to judge others by their appearance. Also made me feel like shit that surely, when I had pretty bad acne all over my face, some people were surely noticing and laughing ...or pitying me behind my back. :cry: