Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
automattox

whaat... really? you like my makeup??

I was at work (starbucks) and this costumer was looking at me for a bit, and then she said "what foundation are you wearing?" and I was like "well actually I'm wearing Physician's Formula mineral-wear pressed powder with the illuminating veil" and she was like "it looks really good! I'm actually a make-up artist, soo..."

so after getting yelled at every few minutes by the shift lead, that really made me happy! nobody has EVER complimented my makeup or anything at all related to my skin before. highly reccomend this product now haha =)

That's great! It's so nice to get compliments, and a compliment on your makeup from a professional...well, no wonder it made your day. :)

That's great! It's so nice to get compliments, and a compliment on your makeup from a professional...well, no wonder it made your day.

mhm, fo sho! I haven't gotten a compliment like that since before I got acne

that's awesome! and makeup can't cover everything, so to compliment your makeup means she was also complimenting your skin. i want to try that out now. i just ordered some EDM though. but i love the PF concealer i have.

that's awesome! and makeup can't cover everything, so to compliment your makeup means she was also complimenting your skin. i want to try that out now. i just ordered some EDM though. but i love the PF concealer i have.

haha yeah, plus this is a sheer powder not like one of those paper-bag coverage foundations or anything, so I was really happy! maybe Dan's regimen is really working for me after all. =)

oh I tried EDM too and I loved it soo much, but the mica gave me a terrible breakout

haha yeah, plus this is a sheer powder not like one of those paper-bag coverage foundations or anything, so I was really happy! maybe Dan's regimen is really working for me after all. =)

oh I tried EDM too and I loved it soo much, but the mica gave me a terrible breakout

dan's regime was the only thing that kept me clear for almost a year. It was great.( I took a year break and actually thinking about starting it again right now. JUst placed the order...it's temp. solution for me...until I get into the world of antibiotics. :shifty:

That's great! MMU is nice because it does look so natural, not like a mask. The only time I have gotten compliments on my skin from complete strangers is when I have powder mineral makeup on. People ask me if I even have foundation on.

And yeah, that means your skin must be looking pretty good now too.

That's great! MMU is nice because it does look so natural, not like a mask. The only time I have gotten compliments on my skin from complete strangers is when I have powder mineral makeup on. People ask me if I even have foundation on.

What is MMU? hmm and why do you think it would look bad just because they ask if you have foundation on? maybe that means your skin looks good and it doesn't look like you're wearing make up haha

and yeah my skin has been getting alot better since I quit using jojoba oil. it looked terrible in all the areas I had been using it, but I figured since it says it's non-comedonal that it wouldn't break me out...

What is MMU? hmm and why do you think it would look bad just because they ask if you have foundation on? maybe that means your skin looks good and it doesn't look like you're wearing make up haha

and yeah my skin has been getting alot better since I quit using jojoba oil. it looked terrible in all the areas I had been using it, but I figured since it says it's non-comedonal that it wouldn't break me out...

MMU = mineral makeup.

And that's what I meant...they aren't sure if I have foundation on because it looks so natural, and then they compliment how good the makeup looks since they couldn't tell. When I wear liquid foundation, I don't get any comments.

It makes me depressed when people say that to me. I can't remember the last time anyone said "Wow, you look really good today!" Just "Wow, your makeup looks really good today!"

And that's what I meant...they aren't sure if I have foundation on because it looks so natural, and then they compliment how good the makeup looks since they couldn't tell. When I wear liquid foundation, I don't get any comments.

oh, that makes sense! yeah, I think it looks really obvious when people are wearing liquid foundation. too much coverage just doesn't look natural, plus peoples skin isn't usually liquid soo...

It makes me depressed when people say that to me. I can't remember the last time anyone said "Wow, you look really good today!" Just "Wow, your makeup looks really good today!"

lol, well, acne or not I don't think anyone looks good without make-up. I think this particular woman just noticed because she's a make-up artist, but a few other people who are not make-up artists have recently commented on how good I was looking but couldn't figure out why. that makes me feel so good. I haven't gotten compliments in so long, it's amazing to hear I actually look good. I feel so much less shy and emberresed around people now, I don't care if people look at me as much anymore, and that's a great feeling! (although it wouldn't be so without my beloved make-up...)

That's really great to hear! Hearing something like that from a complete stranger let alone a make up artist would totally make my WEEK lol. No joke. That's saying something though right? :)

That's really great to hear! Hearing something like that from a complete stranger let alone a make up artist would totally make my WEEK lol. No joke. That's saying something though right?

yeah seriously! that's enough of a compliment to last for a loong time. that's exactly what I needed after feeling so discouraged on Dan's Regimen, maybe now I can make it to the third month! =D

I'll add a recommendation for Physician's Formula products! I like the liquid mineral makeup they make; it provides excellent matte coverage and creates a lovely palette. If I'm going out I'll wear that plus the EDM (Everyday Minerals) over the PF liquid mineral foundation for as close to flawless as I'll ever be.

And congratulations on the compliment. :) The combo of the PF and EDM for me makes for compliments, too. :D It feels magnificent, that's for sure.

That is great to hear.

I don't understand why your shift leader was upset. Of course it gets busy at work sometimes, but you were being friendly to a customer, and I don't see why a boss would have to yell.

Here's to you making it to the third month!

haha well all my bosses are very angry people. they get mad at me for communicating with the costumers instead of doing the page-long list of things that need to be cleaned

I'll add a recommendation for Physician's Formula products! I like the liquid mineral makeup they make; it provides excellent matte coverage and creates a lovely palette. If I'm going out I'll wear that plus the EDM (Everyday Minerals) over the PF liquid mineral foundation for as close to flawless as I'll ever be.

And congratulations on the compliment. The combo of the PF and EDM for me makes for compliments, too. It feels magnificent, that's for sure.

oh, that's awesome! I wish I could try that, but EDM gave me a horrible breakout when I tried it. I love PF because it's the only thing that hasn't broken me out. Oh so you also use the mineral liquid makeup? did you take off the stupid sponge that they put on the top of the bottle? I hear that thing is horrible lol

I use a foundation brush (a cheapie one I got for free sometime with a makeup) for applying the physician's formula mineral liquid. The sponge that comes with the PF makeup is perfectly fine as it's removeable and washable. It works just fine for me anyway and I'm certainly NOT a makeup expert. ;)

I use a foundation brush (a cheapie one I got for free sometime with a makeup) for applying the physician's formula mineral liquid. The sponge that comes with the PF makeup is perfectly fine as it's removeable and washable. It works just fine for me anyway and I'm certainly NOT a makeup expert. ;)

oh, I ended up bying a very light shade..and use it under my eyes.I like it. I wanna see how it will look on my skin!..when I get darker shade.))

I use a foundation brush (a cheapie one I got for free sometime with a makeup) for applying the physician's formula mineral liquid. The sponge that comes with the PF makeup is perfectly fine as it's removeable and washable. It works just fine for me anyway and I'm certainly NOT a makeup expert.

oh I didn't know the sponge was removeable, I thought you had to like tear it out or something. have you ever broken out from that makeup? or does it look at all like you're wearing any makeup?

I tried mineral makeup once, but it wouldn't blend correctly and formed these little balls and flakes on my skin. :/ My skin was really oily at the time, so maybe now that Accutane's dried it a bit, it'll blend better...? I've been spot treating with liquid concealer, which seems to work fine, but I like the idea of something I can wear over most of my face to conceal red marks (which are rather wide-spread). EDM broke me out, too. =[

I use a foundation brush (a cheapie one I got for free sometime with a makeup) for applying the physician's formula mineral liquid. The sponge that comes with the PF makeup is perfectly fine as it's removeable and washable. It works just fine for me anyway and I'm certainly NOT a makeup expert.

oh I didn't know the sponge was removeable, I thought you had to like tear it out or something. have you ever broken out from that makeup? or does it look at all like you're wearing any makeup?

No breakouts, it doesn't look like I'm wearing makeup when using the two together. I like the combo better than EDM alone.