Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bob07

multiple courses of accutane

is it true that the more times you take accutane, there is a less of a chance of it coming back or at least less severe?

I'm not entirely sure. I do know, though, that the only reason people do more than one course is because the acne was not cleared up or because it came back....doing more rounds of tane than you need to could be really hard on your body....

I believe to an extent. My derm said every time you take it you take it your skin has a better chance of staying clear (or less severe than before). I've been on two courses of 80 mg a day, and I still get acne. Obviously not anywhere near as bad as it was, but it can also be said that my skin is definitely not normal.

Some people are clear after their 1 st course. Sometimes they stay clear, sometimes it comes back. It all depends.

yea, your cumulative dose is what determines if your goes into complete remission. it is different for each person but the minimum cumulative dose is around 120mg * kg of body weight.

so if someone has had 2 or 3 courses is that really hard on your body and can you have permanent side effects?

I would imagine that after a period of time of not being on accutane your body would eventually recover

You could always consider a long drawn out low dose course if your worried about it