Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Im new to this site, and thought it would be a great help to join. I will basically tell my story and include a picture just to see if someone can help out.

Now Ive been dealing with acne since I was at least 14. I didnt have it as bad than, as I do now. I havent really tooken much attention to it, till around my 20th bday. Like every person, I have dreams. My dream is to become a actor, but Im afraid, if nothing changes, I'm going to look severely bad.

Ive tried chemical peels, microdermabrasions(which in all honestly, brought out the scars), and have tried many over-the-counter products. Now dont get me wrong, I have been using this Oxy thing with acid in it, and it has lowered down the redness quite alot(alot of redness too), but my complextion is very bad. I might be going for laser surgery but I still fear that it will make it worse.

I live with my sister, her bf, my bro, and his gf and they are pigs, but I honestly clean myself good, and am not dirty. Im just a normal guy who wants to look better. Heres a shot of how I look;

Now you can judge by the picture and see how bad it is. I know I have scar marks, but want them removed. Any ideas on how to smooth out my face without getting laser?

Btw, I just got ot of shower.

post-82558-1219879569_thumb.jpg

post-82558-1219879569_thumb.jpg

Have u thought of trying the DKR? :)

Ive heard good stuff about it, but just question if it will work or just make my face worse. Ive been thinking about accuatane too. Im thinking some chemical peels might help to make the new skin fresh looking, and just apply moisturizer whenever I can.

Bump.

I'd give the DKR regimen a shot mate. Like all medications for acne, things can and often do get a little worse before getting better, but what have you got to lose. Accutane is a last resort treatment, give the DKR a shot for 3 months first.

I unno. Like I said in a earlier topic, it looks better in camera lighting, but I could be wrong and I could be parnoid. Like my face, in the light looks horrendous. Im thinking a few chemical peels might be the solution. Any other suggestions?

The pic's width is shorter than it should be, which distorts the photo and your face. Not to mention you're wet? Try a pic outside during the day, because all I'm seeing, like many others, is some mild redness in your cheekbones.