Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ninoskaali

DK Regimen Log

Hey, guys! I'd say today is my 11th day on Dan's regimen and I can say my skin is doing much much better. Before the regimen my acne was pretty bad but for the past 2-3 years I've had a pretty good control over it, but I'd still break out from time to time so when I came across this website I was soo excited to give it a try. I saw results immeditately. My acne is pretty mild but I figured I had nothing to lose. I want to achieve great skin! I saw and read some success stories and they just inspired me so much. My skin now is getting a lot smoother and softer than before. I read how important it is to NOT touch your face and I can proudly say that I rarely touch my face now. I can't wait till my skin is flawless!!! I am just surprised at how simple this regimen is. In case some of you are curious, in the mornings I use Dan's cleanser, and Purpose Dual Moisturizing lotion with SPF 15. At night I use pretty much all of Dan's products: cleanser, BP, and lotion. That's about it! Its so simple I am just loving this regimen. I plan to stick to it for a very long time!!

I've been on the regimen for 8 days now and I havent had a single new zit since I started. I also stopped touching my face as much but its because theres no pimple to pop! As of now I only have one pimple which I got a day or 2 before I started the regimen.

Hey! I just wanted to say good luck! I've been on the regimen for just over a month now, and i'm seeing fantastic results! I just want to wish you the very best of luck over the next few months! It's definately worth it!

Thanks, Aiden! I plan on sticking with the regimen for a long time. Nothing has worked better for me. I wish you continued success as well! :)

DAY 12

Well, today is day 12 on the regimen. I have to say that I haven't broken out since I started, not even a little break out! How cool is that? lol Anyways, I'm curious...is the BP still supposed to burn your skin even after a week on the regimen? I don't think my skin is very sensitive because I started off using close to one full pump of BP during the first week on the regimen and only experienced small sensations of burning on my skin. The flakiness was kind of annoying at first but it really wasn't bad compared to other stories I've read. I get most of the flakiness from my neck and nose but it really isn't that bad. I think after a couple of days on the regimen I started using one full pump, and that worked pretty well. Of course every time you up the dosages of BP you'll notice it beccause of how it burns your skin a little, but after a while it goes away. So last night I decided I'd use the two full pumps of BP and my skin felt like it was on fire! The weird thing is, putting it on wasn't the problem. It was putting the moisturizer on after the BP that killed me. I waited until the BP was completely dry before I put on the moisturizer but it still burned like heck. My face got all red and I looked like I had a very mild sunburn. There were these rings around my eyes since I applied BP only on my face and not around my eye area. I was like OW. lol Luckily it faded this morning and thank goodness cause I didn't want to walk around campus looking like a total freakazoid. Other than that, I haven't really had any problems with DKR. I do have another question for all of you out there: How can I get rid of these stinkin' blackheads?? I'm not breaking out anymore but these blackheads are just asking me to pinch them out. I don't think I should add anything else to my routine right now since it is still pretty early on but if you guys have any suggestions I'd be happy to hear them! Thanks!!

wow. you guys are lucky. Next week well be week 4. my skin looks the same.

I have a horrible horrible habit of touching my face. I mean well sratching it - I guess because it's itchy.

I follow the instrctions on the regimen.

I've been on Proactiv and their BP is 7% so Brandy said it was ok to go w/ the 2 full pumps. But I sometime used the 2 pumps because I find it to be way too much for my skin. Should I still do the 2 full pumps anyways. I know in the video Dan said the more BP the better.

Also I find that 1 pump of the cleanser is enough for my face. I could get a goo lather w/ one pump. Sometimes I get 2 pumps.

And the lotion. Even 1 whole pump is way too much. I try to get half a pump out.

Yeah I'm glad I ordered Dans BP last Saturday and since then I have had not had any breakouts and my acne on my forehead, cheeks, and chin is clearing really well I can't wait in 2 weeks when I see a big difference also I just ordered Dans AHA and Jojoba Oil today cannot wait till I get my package I ordered Dans AHA so It could eliminate some scars than acne left on my skin :)

DAY 14

I've noticed that my skin is getting pretty flaky around my chin and neck area and its starting to annoy me a little bit. My overall complexion is pretty good compared to before but it just feels a lot tighter probably because of how the BP dries out my skin. A couple days ago I noticed a little bump on my chin and it just got bigger and bigger. Today it looks kinda nasty. lol There's this huge whitehead on it but I'm being pretty good about not touching it even though we all know its so tempting to pop those suckers! It looks like it'll subside very soon which I am glad. Other than that, my skin is looking really good. I see some scars beginning to fade from previous breakouts and again my skin is getting smoother and more even. Only down side is the dryness in my skin but the moisturizer helps a lot throughout the day. I find myself having to use a soft powder brush to brush out the flakiness. That actually helps when you're trying to get rid of that dry look on your skin. I do it after I put on my moisturizer during the day. Just find a very soft powder brush and gently brush off the flakiness. I also notice that as the day goes by, my skin gets really oily and my skin looks super shiny. So at school, I take those toilet seat covers and just blot the oiliness from my skin! It works just as well as those you buy at the store. I know it sounds kinda weird at first but you guys should try it sometime! lol Anyways, that will be all for today. :)

DAY 19

Well, its been a little over a week now and I think I'm a little worse than where I was before. Its not too bad, but everyone always wants to see constant improvement. I have a couple pimples here and there and I'm seeing a lot of blackheads too. I think the reason for the mini breakouts is because I've been touching my face more. When I started with the regimen, I was really really good about not touching my face at all. I was so proud. I don't even think I was able to do that before. That lasted about a week. lol I don't touch it too often, but when the regimen started making my skin itchy I just couldn't help but scratch once in a while. I think if i just continue to not touch my face like I did before, my skin would improve a lot more. That's the goal from now on! Other than that, my skin is still a lot better than it was before I started on the regimen. The biggest difference I saw was how it changed the texture of my skin. Its a lot smoother and softer than before which is good. I stopped putting BP on my neck area because it was beginning to look super flaky and I hated it. I just moisturized every night and day and its pretty much back to normal now. Anyways, I really want to know how to get rid of blackheads. I also have huge pores on my nose and T-zone areas. Please give some helpful advice! I'd really appreciate that! Oh, and thanks for checking in on my progress! I hope to hear some feedback from you guys. :)

DAY 20

Hello! Today is a good day. My face is looking better and I noticed that since I started on the regimen, my pimples fade away a lot faster than before. That's a really good thing. The pimples I have on my left cheek are fading away but I still have red marks from previous acne. I also have a lot of scars too but I'm just focused on staying clear right now. My forehead is probably the clearest. I don't break out much on my forehead. My problem areas are usually on my cheeks and chin. Mostly my cheeks. lol I'm only applying the BP at night so I don't know if that's a big deal. If I put the BP on during the day I'd bleach my clothes. My towels are already looking splotchy. The flakiness has pretty much subsided especially on my neck area. I still need some help with my blackhead problem and I also have large pores so if anyone can give me some advice on that, I'd appreciate it! Well, that will be all for today. Later days! ;)

DAY 28

Its been about a month now. The process is going by a bit slower now than before. I saw a steady change once I started the regimen. I was clearing up faster, my skin was smoothing out, but now it feels like I'm a bit stuck. The past few days was probably the worst. I got 3-4 zits popping out and more coming. To be honest, I was getting kinda lazy with the regimen which I know is a definite no-no! I'm so bad. I also skipped a day or two (two was the max!) on the regimen. It's bad I know! I've just been kinda stressed out with school and the boyfriend. We've been arguing a lot these past couple of days so I'm not sure if that had anything to do with the negative effects on my skin. Despite this, I am happy to say that my skin is a lot better today! I still only apply the BP on at night time and just put moisturizer on during the day. Its been a month and I'm still using one full pump of BP instead of two. Do you guys think its time for me to up the dosage? Maybe to about a pump and a half? Let me know what you guys think! :)

From reading some of your previous posts, I think we have the same type of skin, and I think the same thing is happening to both of us. From day 1 -> about day 20, my skin was absolutely amazing. everything cleared fast, and no breakouts. However, as of right now i'm on day 33 and the past two weeks definitely haven't been as good as the first two. I'm not really breaking out much... I just feel like i'm stuck. Man, I don't know.

Good luck trying to get past this point!