Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rai

... Not 100% sure what to do...

Never thought I would post something like this on the internet... but I dont have a counsellor or anything so where better to go then here...

Ive been dating this guy for about 2 months now, I like him alot, hes the only guy that I have ever wanted to actually be with, normally when I would get a guy right away I wouldnt want him anymore... but this guy is differnt.

Anyways to the point. He is a social butterfly, I am not at all... I have self esteem issues because of acne. He always wants me to go out and do things, and I mean I love being with him and don't mind going out just me and him but when he wants me to go out with his friends the first things I think are, 'what are they going to think' and 'his ex's didnt have acne, are his friends going to be judgemental?'

I know I shouldnt be stressing about this and just go out there and be like 'who cares' attitude, but I have never been able to be like that. As shallow as it might seem, my apperance is important to me. I mean I have a good personality, but thats not the first thing people see.

I don't know Im just really scared that I'll go and no one will talk to me and I will be the outcast while he walks around talking to his friends and having a good time and not noticing that Im uncomfortable.

... I don't know what to do, I dont want to break up with him but sometimes I feel as if I am holding him back from going out and doing things because I just dont want to go...

I don't know, I think I just needed a rant, maybe a helpful word or two...

Maybe I should just meet his friends and if they are judgemental decied from there what to do...

ugh, I dont know... ha ha(<--laughing at myself, jeese)

Ok look first of all if he was embaressed of ur acne he wouldn't be going out w/u in the first place and since he's obviously a good and not shallow guy his friends probly aren't either. just don't act shy and smile a lot just appear nice and friendly and they will forget about ur acne because u will be forgetting about it

Never thought I would post something like this on the internet... but I dont have a counsellor or anything so where better to go then here...

Ive been dating this guy for about 2 months now, I like him alot, hes the only guy that I have ever wanted to actually be with, normally when I would get a guy right away I wouldnt want him anymore... but this guy is differnt.

Anyways to the point. He is a social butterfly, I am not at all... I have self esteem issues because of acne. He always wants me to go out and do things, and I mean I love being with him and don't mind going out just me and him but when he wants me to go out with his friends the first things I think are, 'what are they going to think' and 'his ex's didnt have acne, are his friends going to be judgemental?'

I know I shouldnt be stressing about this and just go out there and be like 'who cares' attitude, but I have never been able to be like that. As shallow as it might seem, my apperance is important to me. I mean I have a good personality, but thats not the first thing people see.

I don't know Im just really scared that I'll go and no one will talk to me and I will be the outcast while he walks around talking to his friends and having a good time and not noticing that Im uncomfortable.

... I don't know what to do, I dont want to break up with him but sometimes I feel as if I am holding him back from going out and doing things because I just dont want to go...

I don't know, I think I just needed a rant, maybe a helpful word or two...

Maybe I should just meet his friends and if they are judgemental decied from there what to do...

ugh, I dont know... ha ha(<--laughing at myself, jeese)

What a guy does with a girl when he brings her to social conditions will show a glimpse of how he really thinks about you in the end. If he shows you off and introduces you to everyone and gets everyone to talk with you, then that is the guy to keep. If he does otherwise, then you will have seen his true self. Guys that don't show off their gf's to their friends usually don't really feel as good about you as they seem when one-on-one. This is the best test to find the right guy.

-Marriage Counselor, Necromancer

^ Second that.

Just don't worry about your acne. I bet he already saw the flaw and doesn't care. If his friends say anything about it, then sure he will defend you. If not, then hes not worth it.

So I ended up not going... Not because of the acne but because I had to drive my sister out to pick up her car.

I'm going for sure next time! Im just going to have to get used to the fact that theres nothing I can do for a quick fix to get rid of my acne.

All I have to say is I hope I grow out of it like the rest of my family did!

thanks for the posts guys, made me feel alot better! :dance: