Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My acne has regular pimples, blackheads, and whiteheads. However, when my period comes I get acne cysts. They aren't the large horribly painful or noticeable ones, just smallish ones you can feel when you press into the area of your skin it's in. They are only raised and red for a few days, then they sink down and don't go away for at least a month. My first question is, do these nodules/cysts leave shallow scars or is mine not severe enough?

Also, I was looking into Differin. Is this not recommended for my type of acne? I read online that it's recommended for comedonal or regular acne, but might worsen cysts. Is this true?

Also, how bad have all your purging stages been (if you've had any)? I can handle some purging, but not if it's severe enough to create a huge breakout of cysts that will leave permanent scars...or possibly worsen them.

Last question is, will Differin not work if my breakouts only occur the week before my period?

Feel free to leave comments about how Differin worked for you, too! Thanks guys :D

hey I had ur exact type of acne and I used differen along w/a pill (it started w/a d but I forgot what it was) and the differen got my acne from severe down to really light even when I was on my period but I just stopped taking it because I wanted a kit instead of just a cream but I would highly suggest you try it but my only advice is do not use it in the morning no matter what it makes ur skin very sensitive to sun

hey I had ur exact type of acne and I used differen along w/a pill (it started w/a d but I forgot what it was) and the differen got my acne from severe down to really light even when I was on my period but I just stopped taking it because I wanted a kit instead of just a cream but I would highly suggest you try it but my only advice is do not use it in the morning no matter what it makes ur skin very sensitive to sun

Oh that's great. How long were you on it for? And was the pill doxycycline?