Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hallen111

Women this may help

I have just found this board and it seems to be very helpful thus far. I have replied to a lot of posts and I feel like I keep on repeating myself so here is a post on what I've found. I am a woman that has had rosacea for almost 10 years now (I know quite the anomoly - I've had it since I was 16). This means that I've had a lot of time to experiment with cleansers, moisturizers, and make up.

What I've found:

Aveeno products are all natural that are gentle on your skin. The foaming cleanser is so gentle that it actually doesn't hurt to wash your face (Finally!). Next, they have wonderful moisturizers. Since my skin is extremely dry from having rosacea so long, I have to use the night creams that are very thick for day and night. The downfall of using night creams during the day is that they don't have spf to protect your over sensitive skin from the sun, but I do have a solution for that (for women anyways). Otherwise, if you can get by without the thick cream, they do have daytime moisturizers with spf 15 and redness reducer.

My solution to not using spf in my moisturizer is in my foundation. I use Almay for foundation and powder. Once again, Almay are products that are very good to use on sensitive skin. I use the Almay TLC (Truly Lasting Color) with SPF 15 for my foundation and the Almay Pure Blends mineral makeup with SPF 15 for my powder (it's a tube with the powder in it and a brush on the end for easy use). These are anywhere from $10-15 a piece, but they are truly worth it. If you are anything like me having rosacea has done a number to your self-esteem. Most people don't know I have rosacea until I leave the house without my makeup. And that is worth the world to me. I was getting so sick of hearing people say, "Wow! You got sunburnt." Nope, just rosacea, but thanks for pointing it out. LOL.

Anyways, I really hope this helps someone out there because, like I said, it took me about 10 years to find these solutions.