Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hallen111

Upper Leg Acne - extremely thick pus

This is a little gross to talk about, but I've often wondered about it. I occassionally get painful zits on my upper legs/buttocks/hips. The strange thing is that when I pop them (I know your not suppose to pop them), white stuff comes out, but I literally have to pull on the string of pus to get it out. Why is this? Does anyone else have this?

The thing that perplexes me is that I stay extremely hydrated everyday (drinking from 5 to 8, 16 oz waters a day) so I guess that is out of the question for why this happens.

Please help. Thanks!

Heather

This is a little gross to talk about, but I've often wondered about it. I occassionally get painful zits on my upper legs/buttocks/hips. The strange thing is that when I pop them (I know your not suppose to pop them), white stuff comes out, but I literally have to pull on the string of pus to get it out. Why is this? Does anyone else have this?

The thing that perplexes me is that I stay extremely hydrated everyday (drinking from 5 to 8, 16 oz waters a day) so I guess that is out of the question for why this happens.

Please help. Thanks!

Heather

How often to you get these? Is it just one isolated or are there multiple zits at a time? When I was much younger I would occasionally get a zit or two in the area where I had to pop them to get a fairly large, seed-type thing out, but I haven't gotten those for years. Is it possible that you have some sort of allergy to a fabric that you're wearing? That could also cause the bumps- especially if they occur consistently in the same types of areas.

Please help. Thanks!

Heather

How often to you get these? Is it just one isolated or are there multiple zits at a time? When I was much younger I would occasionally get a zit or two in the area where I had to pop them to get a fairly large, seed-type thing out, but I haven't gotten those for years. Is it possible that you have some sort of allergy to a fabric that you're wearing? That could also cause the bumps- especially if they occur consistently in the same types of areas.

It's just an isolated zit every now and again. I've tried different detergents and I still consistently get these zits on my upper legs/buttocks/hips. As far as the fabric goes I have actually been wearing shorts for my first time this year and I'm still getting them. I'm just a little confused as to the consistency. I've talked to other people about it and they think it's really strange so I'm just reaching out. Thank you for the suggestions!

Eeep, I don't mean to startle you, but I'm almost positive that's not regular acne. That actually sounds more like a staff infection. I used to get those around my upper legs and pubic region. T_T One even had to be surgically removed.

They have an entirely different consistency than acne vulgaris, and they tend to be bigger and leave huge pits when drained. D: I hate them.

Eeep, I don't mean to startle you, but I'm almost positive that's not regular acne. That actually sounds more like a staff infection. I used to get those around my upper legs and pubic region. T_T One even had to be surgically removed.

They have an entirely different consistency than acne vulgaris, and they tend to be bigger and leave huge pits when drained. D: I hate them.

It's definitely not a staff infection either. I had MRSA last year and it was different from what I'm talking about. Plus if you don't treat the area of a staff infection then it just gets worse and bigger. I'm still thinking it's acne, but I just don't know why it is the way it is. Thanks for your thoughts though!

It could potentially just be acne. Typically if I get a pimple on my upper leg, it is large and, when popped, shoots out a fairly generous amount of pus. I don't care that you aren't supposed to pop them because it's my upper leg, and I only wear jeans so no one ever sees that part of my body (well, almost no one ;)

The string of pus might be an ingrown hair? Maybe your pus is just oddly thick and sticks to the hair as you pull it out.

i have Acne On My Upper Leg........just small Break outs tho.

i doubt its staff infection.

My mom gets em occationaly on her thi's 2.

Buttox........The upper part breaks out 2....idk y it is