Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rupert

the boy whose skin fell off

Did anybody see that highly moving program The Boy Whose Skin Fell Off on Channel 4 tonight? It really was a struggle to hold the tears back.

36-year-old Jonny Kennedy was an extraordinary man with a terrible condition - Dystrophic Epidermolysis Bullosa (EB) - which means that his skin literally fell off at the slightest touch, leaving his body covered in agonising sores and leading to his death in September 2003. The fact that he remained so humourous and full of life despite his unimaginable skin pain is an inspiration.

I'm not going to fall into that age old trap of saying that just because someone else is worse off then we should be happy & grateful but to have a truly fulfilled life you need to have real perspective.

that sucks

but i think should be titled "The Man Whose Skin Fell Off"

The reason the programme was called "The Boy" is because despite his age he never went through puberty. However I understand your clever play on words there 781.

Anyway, if anybody saw the programme please drop a comment on any views you have.

yeah i saw that program, it was inspirational. That little dude was flying planes and all sorts....everyone on here should watch that program to put scars in their place. That guy was a tiger, like the picture on his coffin.