Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
~Tiny~

QUESTION ABOUT INGREDIENTS IN THIS SOAP???

oK I want to switch to Dr. Bronner's cleanser it's more organic and, I understand all the ingredients are better than the one i'm using. But could someone maybe tell me why it might be better for me.

I want to know why the sodium ingredients in the second list are not good for my skin.

#1 Dr. Bronner's tea tree liquid soap.

Water, Saponfied Organic Coconut Oil*, Saponified Organic Olive Oil*, Organic Glycerin, Organic Cannabis Sativa (Hemp) Seed Oil, Organic Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Melaleuca Altenafolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Extract, Citric Acid, Tocopherol (* Certified Fair Trade by IMO)

#2 Lush Fresh Farmacy soap.

Calamine Powder, Chamomile Decoction (Anthemis nobilis), Elderflower Decoction (Sambucus nigra), Sodium Palm Kernelate, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Glycerine, Lavender Oil (Lavandula hybrida), Chamomile Oil (Anthemis nobilis), Tea Tree Oil (Melaleuca alternifolia), Rose Absolute (Rosa centifolia), Sodium Chloride, EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, *Limonene, *Linalool, Perfume, Marigold Flowers (Calendula officinalis).

Like i said before please tell me why all the sodium ingredients are bad for my skin. I just would like to know why this would be a good switch.

Thanks for your help.

Sodium Lauryl Sulfate clogs pores really badly. It is like number one on the pore clogging list. But, I would be wary of the first soap as well because it contains a lot of oils. Even though they are organic, they can still clog your pores. Personally, I would go with a cleanser like Cetaphil or CeraVe.

Sodium Lauryl Sulfate clogs pores really badly. It is like number one on the pore clogging list. But, I would be wary of the first soap as well because it contains a lot of oils. Even though they are organic, they can still clog your pores. Personally, I would go with a cleanser like Cetaphil or CeraVe.

Yeah but i have had really good results with the second soap. But I want something completely orgainc. So I thought this soap would probably give me even better results.

SLS is a very harsh detergent that can dry out or irritate your skin.

I have used Dr B's soap (although I prefer to cleanse my face with Kiss My Face Olive Oil bar soap) and the organic oils gently remove impurities without stripping your skin of necesary oils. It has never made me break out.

FYI...you must dilute Dr. B's liquid soap-make sure to read the instructions, or get his bar soap.

SLS is a very harsh detergent that can dry out or irritate your skin.

I have used Dr B's soap (although I prefer to cleanse my face with Kiss My Face Olive Oil bar soap) and the organic oils gently remove impurities without stripping your skin of necesary oils. It has never made me break out.

FYI...you must dilute Dr. B's liquid soap-make sure to read the instructions, or get his bar soap.

Thanks. I never had any sort of irratation with the lush soap it actually has helped alot. But I've heard really good things about Dr Bronner's soap so,thought I would give it a try. Anyone else?? What do you think.?

Dr. Bronners Line of products is great, BUT i wouldn't use this on the face its toooo drying!! I would look for something more gentle. You can definetly check out handmade soaps they are great. If you must use it for the face read the insturctions on Diluting it with water before use.Do not use this stuff straight because you'll definetly regret it !!

Dr. Bronners Line of products is great, BUT i wouldn't use this on the face its toooo drying!! I would look for something more gentle. You can definetly check out handmade soaps they are great. If you must use it for the face read the insturctions on Diluting it with water before use.Do not use this stuff straight because you'll definetly regret it !!

Thanks. I will probably take your advice on this. I have been using it on my face for the past couple of days and it has been a little drying and I have oily skin. Maybe I'll just stick with lush for my face and the tea tree for my back and body.