Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Snood11

Sleeping In Makeup

Hello All--

I was hoping that someone...anyone could answer this question. I have been using the same regime for years now (ProActive)...and it has worked. However, about three weeks ago I broke out and it just seems to be getting worse. The only thing that I did differently was that the week before I broke out my boyfriend was in town and I got lazy about washing my face/makeup off at night. That week I slept in my makeup about 4-5 nights. A little bit after he left I started to break out. Now, it is over three weeks later and my face still sucks. Could it be related to that week still...it just seems like it was too long ago now to be affecting my face still. Is that true? Or, did ProActiv suddenly stop working? It just seems that I would not just all of a sudden not be responding to the same face routine that always worked. Also, my doc put me on doxycyline to help out. How fast should I respond to that? Should I stick to the same routine or try something out? Any and all help would be appreciated...

I really think it may have been sleeping with the make up on. That's suicidal!! Just wait at least a few weeks before changing regimes.

i don't sleep in my makeup or anything b/c i heard that it's bad, but,

just curious, WHY is it so bad? why is it ok to wear makeup during the day but not while asleep?

is it just b/c of leaving it on for so many hours without taking it off?

i don't sleep in my makeup or anything b/c i heard that it's bad, but,

just curious, WHY is it so bad? why is it ok to wear makeup during the day but not while asleep?

is it just b/c of leaving it on for so many hours without taking it off?

It ages you quicker,it dries out your skin, and it clogs your pores.Basically your skin does the most healing at night and if you have old makeup on your just clogging up everything and making it so that your skin can't breathe. Give those pores a rest, and wash that face baby!!

It's definitely the sleeping with makeup. The good news is that it should all clear up quickly. The delay is not too surprising; it just means that the pimples are only surfacing now.

My skin just kept breaking out so I decided to switch up regimes. Well, that and the fact that i was getting so sick of giving money to the ProActiv corporation. I decided to begin Dan's Regime....do you think that this is a good idea?

Good to hear. What was your experience with the regime? How long did it take you to clear up? Did you have a lot of dryness and flakiness at first?

Thanks!