Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Snood11

Sleeping in Makeup?

Hello All--

I was hoping that someone...anyone could answer this question. I have been using the same regime for years now (ProActive)...and it has worked. However, about three weeks ago I broke out and it just seems to be getting worse. The only thing that I did differently was that the week before I broke out my boyfriend was in town and I got lazy about washing my face/makeup off at night. That week I slept in my makeup about 4-5 nights. A little bit after he left I started to break out. Now, it is over three weeks later and my face still sucks. Could it be related to that week still...it just seems like it was too long ago now to be affecting my face still. Is that true? Or, did ProActiv suddenly stop working? It just seems that I would not just all of a sudden not be responding to the same face routine that always worked. Also, my doc put me on doxycyline to help out. How fast should I respond to that? Should I stick to the same routine or try something out? Any and all help would be appreciated...

Hello All--

I was hoping that someone...anyone could answer this question. I have been using the same regime for years now (ProActive)...and it has worked. However, about three weeks ago I broke out and it just seems to be getting worse. The only thing that I did differently was that the week before I broke out my boyfriend was in town and I got lazy about washing my face/makeup off at night. That week I slept in my makeup about 4-5 nights. A little bit after he left I started to break out. Now, it is over three weeks later and my face still sucks. Could it be related to that week still...it just seems like it was too long ago now to be affecting my face still. Is that true? Or, did ProActiv suddenly stop working? It just seems that I would not just all of a sudden not be responding to the same face routine that always worked. Also, my doc put me on doxycyline to help out. How fast should I respond to that? Should I stick to the same routine or try something out? Any and all help would be appreciated...

That most diffently is the problem. I break out after just one night of sleeping in my makeup. It sucks cause I wake up with blemishes I didn't have the day before. So, just be careful and take care of your skin the best you can.

Yeah, it makes sense that would be it. However, why is it three weeks later and I am still have trouble? Any ideas?

Yeah, it makes sense that would be it. However, why is it three weeks later and I am still have trouble? Any ideas?

Sometimes it just takes time for blemishes to come to the surface. I definitely agree that it was likely the makeup.

Yeah, I bet sleeping in makeup is what screwed you up, even three weeks later. Some of the pores that got clogged may just be breaking out now from it. Keep up your regular regime along with the antibiotics and you'll probably start to clear up in a week or so.

I changed makeup last school year. I only wore the new makeup for three weeks, but it made me break out for a month after I stopped wearing the crap. It took time, new makeup, Proactiv, and topical clindamycin to fix things. Ugh. Damn you, Fresh!

I imagine it was sleeping with the make up on, that always seems to make my skin freak out as well. As to why it's still acting up weeks later, that just happens sometimes with the breakouts taking time to come to the surface - some rise sooner than others - you've just got to wait it out and keep up with your regimen, and the dox your doctor put you on and with any luck your skin will clear up in no time.

Thanks for the advice everyone! It was really helpful. I just found this website and I think that it is just such a great resource for discussing skin problems. It is just so frustrating to try to talk about this with people that have never had to deal with it!

Also, I have been using MAC makeup? Anyone else used that with either good/bad results? Any suggestions for good makeups to use?

Thanks for the advice everyone! It was really helpful. I just found this website and I think that it is just such a great resource for discussing skin problems. It is just so frustrating to try to talk about this with people that have never had to deal with it!

Also, I have been using MAC makeup? Anyone else used that with either good/bad results? Any suggestions for good makeups to use?

If you've been using MAC all along and haven't broken out from it, then that's probably not the problem. But if you switched to MAC around the time of your breakout, then I'd give it a rest and try something else.

I started using MAC a couple of weeks or so ago. I use the StudioFix powder/foundation and haven't had any bad reactions yet. Some people break out using it, some don't. I hate trying new makeup, but I love how smooth and easy the StudioFix goes on, so I'm happy I tried it.

Hard to say what could be breaking you out, could be Proactiv, could be hormones, could be the antibiotic, could be diet.

My doctor put me on Doxycycline for something else, but mentioned it was good for acne. It made me breakout horribly.

Oh yeah...sleeping in makeup...that'll do it. Not to mention, if you were sleeping in makeup, then you weren't doing your nightly regimen, right?

And yeah, it can take weeks for pimples to surface, so unfortunately you can reap the consequences of a few nights of not washing for like a month.

Oh yeah...sleeping in makeup...that'll do it. Not to mention, if you were sleeping in makeup, then you weren't doing your nightly regimen, right?

And yeah, it can take weeks for pimples to surface, so unfortunately you can reap the consequences of a few nights of not washing for like a month.

Yep.. this is all so true. I didn't wash my face last night or on Friday night and I have just a few small bumps nothing to freak out over. But, I think using bareminerals might help control pore clogging. Not sure though. :think: I did just order Everyday Minerals samples so, we'll see how that handles my neglecfullness (ms) Hopefully it won't be a horrible disaster.

I slept over my bf's house on Fri night and didn't take off my makeup and woke up today withe breakouts :( I'm pretty sure not washing your face has a lot to do with it.