Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mikito

SPIRONOLACTONA FORBIDDEN IN SPAIN, KIDNEYS FAILURE

I'am 39 years old and I have tried everything including accutane, except Spironolactona, that I discovered at this forum. I went to my doctor in order to prescribe me spironolactona, but he said to me that in Spain Spironolactona is forbidden for acne. He also told me that that drug is very dangerous at my age, and my kidneys would fail in 6 months and I will be dead, If I take it. Does anyone know about this?

I'am 39 years old and I have tried everything including accutane, except Spironolactona, that I discovered at this forum. I went to my doctor in order to prescribe me spironolactona, but he said to me that in Spain Spironolactona is forbidden for acne. He also told me that that drug is very dangerous at my age, and my kidneys would fail in 6 months and I will be dead, If I take it. Does anyone know about this?

there are people on this forum that have been on this drug for years and they're not dead!! I hope thats not true because I don't want to be dead with clear skin!!!!

Some unethical doctors think they are all-knowing and misinform the public because they themselves are misinformed and are too lazy to do the research themselves. Re: Spiro causing deaths after 6 months of usage, that is an absolute falsehood. There may be documented cases of deaths caused by hyperkalemia which can be caused by spiro but only if someone already doesn't have normal kidney function. Spiro does not cause renal failure in and of itself. You must do your own research. Many doctors are well informed but they can't possibly be up to date in all areas of medicine.

Probably, you are right, because if not, so many people in this forum, would be dead. Probably, he exagerated when he said that. But what he exactly told me was that this drug is forbidden in Spain. And if it wasn't forbidden, it wouln't be suitable for me, that I, m 39 years old, just for young people, because my kidneys would fail, in a short time period, and I would be dead. I hope, he is wrong, but I needed to tell you.

Probably, you are right, because if not, so many people in this forum, would be dead. Probably, he exagerated when he said that. But what he exactly told me was that this drug is forbidden in Spain. And if it wasn't forbidden, it wouln't be suitable for me, that I, m 39 years old, just for young people, because my kidneys would fail, in a short time period, and I would be dead. I hope, he is wrong, but I needed to tell you.

I'm 36 and have ben taken this for 6 weeks and the thing I'm experiencing is extreme downs, like I wonder if this is what it feels like to go into menapause! Maybe you're nut as nuttys as me but just an fyi because we r pretty close in age.

:rolleyes:

I'm 38 years old, have been taking spiro daily for acne for over a year, and I assure you I am most definitely not dead, nor do I have kidney disease. In fact, I have been getting bloodwork done regularly to check for renal function and the results have been perfectly normal all along.

Do you have a history of renal failure in your family? Or any other kidney disease? If so, I would imagine that a drug like spiro (along with plenty other seemingly harmless OTC drugs like Advil which are processed through the kidneys) would be off limits.

As far as drugs being banned in one country and not in another, there are dozens of drugs that are being used in France and the UK that are not approved by the FDA is the US. So it's not surprising that drugs used readily in the US would be banned in other countries.

Of course I agree with everyone else here who has replied. I did some research of my own, and beside a carcinogenic effect seen in rats, there really isn't any facts based on the claim that your doctor made. In addition, I have not found one single backing of spiro being banned in Spain.

Taking any drug is going to have its side effects and it's up to you if you want to take those increased risks (we've all seen those commercials about different Rxs, right? The ones that make it sound that the side effects is worse than the disease???). I think that you cannot trust doctors 100% and that you have to do your own research, whether you take a drug or not.