Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Georgia~Peach

looking for an AHA and questions

My skin is generally clear from BP but I do get occasional clogged/enlarged pores. And they are persistent -- they usually stick around for several weeks once I get one. :rolleyes: Anyway, I've been reading about AHAs and wonder if I should add one.

My skin is generally very oily and I only spot-moisturize the dry areas so I am hesitant to use an AHA that is a heavy moisturizer. Not only for the oil factor, but even though I can usually keep my breakouts at bay, my skin is still very acne prone.

I was reading, I think on this site, that people tended to like the Alpha Hydrox aha lotion -- I was curious as to what anyone thought of the oil-free gel instead? (the lotion has petrolatum in it.....).

also, I know it's been said that it can be used to make pimples heal faster but what will happen if I put it on a clogged pore? Will it go away faster or will it turn into a bigger zit first?

Finally, if my skin is basically clear, should I still expect a lot of "purging" first?

TIA! :dance:

My skin is generally clear from BP but I do get occasional clogged/enlarged pores. And they are persistent -- they usually stick around for several weeks once I get one. :rolleyes: Anyway, I've been reading about AHAs and wonder if I should add one.

My skin is generally very oily and I only spot-moisturize the dry areas so I am hesitant to use an AHA that is a heavy moisturizer. Not only for the oil factor, but even though I can usually keep my breakouts at bay, my skin is still very acne prone.

I was reading, I think on this site, that people tended to like the Alpha Hydrox aha lotion -- I was curious as to what anyone thought of the oil-free gel instead? (the lotion has petrolatum in it.....).

also, I know it's been said that it can be used to make pimples heal faster but what will happen if I put it on a clogged pore? Will it go away faster or will it turn into a bigger zit first?

Finally, if my skin is basically clear, should I still expect a lot of "purging" first?

TIA! :dance:

i've never used the oil-free gel, but i noticed that the regular aha lotion didn't affect my acne either way. It didn't make my skin anymore oily (which it is moderately oily), but then again it didn't lessen the oil. when i started with my aha regimen i noticed my skin never went through that purging stage, which i really liked. but my zits always got bigger before they went away versus bp which makes my zits for the most part just shrink. i'm not sure how your skin would react if you mixed bp with aha though. i was wondering the same thing, cause i want to start using my aha face wash along side dan's bp.