Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Has anyone used Bare Minerals and has any opinions on it? I was wondering if I could use it while on accutane? Generally my skin is kind of oily but on accutane obviously it is not at all. It is kind of flaky. I am most concerned about if bare minerals gives good coverage and is good to cover red maks and if it is good for acne prone skin. Thanks for help everyone my red marks are really getting me down lately

I have never used bare minerals but sometimes use a different make of mineral foundation. However, when my skin has been dry at all (especially round my nose) then the powder makes this more obvious. If your skin is really dry I think you are best to just moisturise.

On my red marks I sometimes use a concealer. The one I use is by Jane Iredale and is liquid mineral in a little white tube. It is really good and can be used with or without foundation on top. Perhaps something like this would be better to use while your skin is really dry as you can just put a little where needed.

Some people here really like BM, but some have had a bad reaction to the bismuth oxychloride in it. Just a heads up.

Everyday Minerals is the most popular mineral foundation on this site right now, but there are a lot of options for mineral makeup online. Many MMU brands give great coverage for acne and/or redmarks. Many MMU brands contain mica, and a few people have an allergy to that, but most can wear it with no problem. Like any makeup, it is trial and error in finding what works best for you.

Since mineral makeup is a powder, it can exacerbate dryness though. Some people find that as long as they moisturize well they can still wear it, and others find that liquid makeup is simply a better choice for them.

If my skin is overly dry from topical treatments, I will occasionally use my liquid makeup since the powder MMU can make any flakiness look worse.

Yes I used to use it for 2 years. It's really expensive but it lasts for a long time. If you have really dry skin tho I wouldn't recommend it as it looks too chalky it your dry. It never broke me out which is good however the coverage was "ok" nothing extreamly special. I now use revlons color stay mineral foundation it works about the same coverage wise and costs alot less at the drugstore. I would recommend bare minerals mineral veil tho. That stuff is awesome!

I tried it though it personally didn't go over to well with my skin, anytime I'd wear it my cheeks would be extremely itchy and it would cause me to break out pretty bad. I've personally been testing out with L'Oreal Bare Naturale, which seems to do pretty good. I also liked Everyday minerals though.