Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Da Foxx

Help Me Out Guys

Thanks for dropping by! I'm currently half way through my third month of Accutane and as for my acne its improving but I'm still depressed about my skin.

Due to Accutane I've noticed that I have scarred more than ever. I usually didn't care much about my scars until I started seeing my skin clearing up and the scars seem to be more visible than ever to me because of the IB. The left side I guess bothers me the most. I've attached a few pictures hoping you guys can suggest what I can do about them after I'm done Accutane.

Sorry I haven't even shaved for a few days because I've been depressed about my skin. In the mirror I look like a zombie. :'(

http://img53.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p8260383vy6.jpg -- LEFT

http://img502.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p8260390aa8.jpg -- RIGHT (I wish mt left side looked like that then I would be happy.)

http://img515.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p8260396qz9.jpg

I also burned myself and the skin peeled so I rubbed it; it healed but now it left uneven surface. What can I do about it?

http://img242.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p8260398hr4.jpg

School starts soon. I'm going to see if I can get home schooled, or something. I want to disappear from everyone untill I feel like I can start a new life again...

Hi, your scars don't seem very bad at all. If i were to look at you, I probably wouldn't even notice them. :)

Well, I understand how you feel nonetheless. You might want to tri Retin-A to improve the scar.

Or you can try a more invasive method called TCA Cross for your ice pick and box scars. Check out the TCA Cross thread on here. The person REilly saw some really good improvements. But always do research before you start doing anything!

Wish you luck. But really, they don't look very bad at all!!

Hi, your scars don't seem very bad at all. If i were to look at you, I probably wouldn't even notice them. :)

Well, I understand how you feel nonetheless. You might want to tri Retin-A to improve the scar.

Or you can try a more invasive method called TCA Cross for your ice pick and box scars. Check out the TCA Cross thread on here. The person REilly saw some really good improvements. But always do research before you start doing anything!

No, No, No!!! NO TCA!

The skin shown in the pictures is not scarred.

Da Foxx, I recommend you don't do anything that may actually give you scars. TCA is the worst possible choice for someone who is likely to have beautiful skin after the redness goes away. The best thing for you to do is get some vitamin-C cream along with a cream that has tropoelastin in it. You can also get yourself a personal LED (with red and infrared light radiation) device. Take a look at wiki's LED thread for detailed information.

No, No, No!!! NO TCA!

Da Foxx, I recommend you don't do anything that may actually give you scars. TCA is the worst possible choice for someone who is likely to have beautiful skin after the redness goes away. The best thing for you to do is get some vitamin-C cream along with a cream that has tropoelastin in it. You can also get yourself a personal LED (with red and infrared light radiation) device. Take a look at wiki's LED thread for detailed information.

Ok, theres no way you would do a TCA Cross on those 'scars' but surely a TCA Peel wouldn't do any damage would it? especially if it's only 15-25 %. I'm thinking of doing a peel on my nose and cheeks but there are about 5-7 scars that would probably need a Cross done on them.

No, No, No!!! NO TCA!

Would that be safe to use while on Accutane? And what creams have tropoelastin in it? I can't seem to find the link for LED.

Thanks to everyone who replied so far, kinda makes me feel better about myself and that its worse than I think it is.

Does anyone have any suggestions for the last picture I posted?

OH yah, sorry. I should be more clear. I think that your left side--the small holes and indents--could be used with TCA Cross. It would have to be used sparingly, in my opinion. But the other people are probably right. Maybe a TCA peel would be good.

It's just that I used TCA cross for scarring similar to his on my face many of my small holes ultimately leveled. It's just that you got to know when to use TCA cross. People are so scared of it! I've only had good results.

But I'm sorry; maybe I gave the wrong advice. A TCA peel then! I'm glad other people responded; that only shows don't take advice from one person--as much as I hate being that one person..haha...

wish you luck :)

If you think your skin is bad you would probably think I look like a monster. Your skin is not bad at all. Don't let acne make you feel like you need to be homeschooled. Wait until you are down with accutane to worry about what you are going to do about your scars. You can't do anything for them while on accutane so why get all stressed out about it now. Calmate holmes!

You shouldn't do anything about the scars while on accutane. Actually moisturize a lot.

I will not recommend doing your own TCA. I heard of some people messing up their faces in this boards

When you finish your course, your derm will probably recommend you RetinA. If they don't mention anything, tell them you are worried about your skin texture. Retin A will help you. I think microdermabrasions are a total waste of money but that's my opinion. I'm telling you this because most derms offer this for scar treatment.

Last, don't get obsessed. Enjoy your clear skin. I hope you took pictures of your breakouts so you don't lose perspective. You will forget what you looked like.

Thanks everyone for your replies! I feel much better now about myself. Sometimes we let ourselves go of the reality.