Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So drinking Rooibos Tea has a TON of health benefits, more so than green tea apparently. When I get a good routine of drinking it 2-3 times a day I definitely notice a difference in my skin. It doesn't really help with active acne or help it heal faster but I seem to breakout less often when I drink it and it also seems to make my skin more radiant and helps the texture/tone.

I read somewhere that it can help when applied directly to the face, kind of like a toner.

"Rooibos has a soothing effect on the skin, relieving itching and certain skin irritations like eczema, nappy rash and acne when directly applied to the affected area."

People use green tea on their skin but I'd imagine Rooibos would be even better since it has zinc, natural AHA and similar soothing effects to green tea. I'm not sure if it would help treat active acne but it may just make the skins appearance better, tone and reduce redness, which is the next best thing...Has anyone tried this?

no one?

bump

I read on Essential Day Spa's forum where a woman made a toner with rooibos tea and it cleared up her red marks. She said that when she used the rooibos tea, it helped her red spots heal faster and helped prevent new spots. They also faded faster. I've also seen quite a few skin care products that have rooibos tea in them. It couldn't hurt to try it.

I've decided to give this a shot, just for experimental purposes. Going to use cooled, pure rooibos tea 1-2 times a day and apply it to my face w/ a cotton pad after cleansing. I've done it once so far and it felt very soothing on my face and it seemed to exfoliate dead skin off as well(probably due to the AHA content). I will update any results I see in the coming days/weeks.

I've decided to give this a shot, just for experimental purposes. Going to use cooled, pure rooibos tea 1-2 times a day and apply it to my face w/ a cotton pad after cleansing. I've done it once so far and it felt very soothing on my face and it seemed to exfoliate dead skin off as well(probably due to the AHA content). I will update any results I see in the coming days/weeks.

What brand are you using? Good luck with this!

Update on this...2nd day of applying this stuff and I don't know if it's a fluke or my other products working but my hyperpigmentation/red marks have brightened and smoothed out significantly. I'm still not where I wanna be but I haven't seen them faded this much in a few weeks. It may just be a good skin day or something but I woke up today with a much healthier texture and tone to my face than I've had in a few weeks. I won't jump to conclusions on Rooibos being the reason but it's definitely not hurting or breaking me out either and I wouldn't be surprised if it is the cause.. I'm going to continue using it for the next few weeks and maybe even make a new thread about using this if it continues to work because so far, so good!

Update on this...2nd day of applying this stuff and I don't know if it's a fluke or my other products working but my hyperpigmentation/red marks have brightened and smoothed out significantly. I'm still not where I wanna be but I haven't seen them faded this much in a few weeks. It may just be a good skin day or something but I woke up today with a much healthier texture and tone to my face than I've had in a few weeks. I won't jump to conclusions on Rooibos being the reason but it's definitely not hurting or breaking me out either and I wouldn't be surprised if it is the cause.. I'm going to continue using it for the next few weeks and maybe even make a new thread about using this if it continues to work because so far, so good!

I'm very interested in reading your results. I LOVE drinking Rooibos tea.

You think it'd work with flavored tea? I bought some Celestial Seasonings "Madagascar Vanilla Red" roobios tea yesterday, and I absolutely love the flavor. There's no artificial flavoring or anything, and Celestial Seasonings is (supposedly) all-natural. Would the vanilla in it possibly affect the outcome?

I had to take a break from applying this - moved into my new apt. and didn't have the tea but I found a place that sells it. I'm gonna start again soon. I used it for about a week straight and it definitely seemed to brighten my marks up and help with toning. With continuous use I think there would be some pretty good results and it didn't break me out at all or irritate so I can just put it right back in my regimen. Will update once I start again.

You think it'd work with flavored tea? I bought some Celestial Seasonings "Madagascar Vanilla Red" roobios tea yesterday, and I absolutely love the flavor. There's no artificial flavoring or anything, and Celestial Seasonings is (supposedly) all-natural. Would the vanilla in it possibly affect the outcome?