Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
yepitsme

Retin- a/ Tazorac question

quick history before i get to my question

about a month and a half ago, my pediatrician prescribed, benzaclin,retin A 0.05 and tetracycline to me, however about a month into the retin a (0.05) i told him it wasnt working, he switched me to .1

anyways today at the Dermatologists he told me to only use once a day durac in the morning/noon and tazorac at night. Along with 2 a day pills of tetracycline.

My question is, are those 6 weeks i spent on retin a worthless now that i'm switching or now that im using tazorac i should see results much quicker than the "true" beginer user who hasnt had 6 weeks on other retionoids. I'm not expecting to see any miracles but since im approaching week 7 of retinoids in general, should the tazorac kick in pretty quick? another 7 weeks of nothing seems like an eternity.

I'm curious about this question too as I've been on RAM for 7 months but am not completely satisfied and am thinking of switching to Taz...I don't want another IB! Anyone know the answer?

I'm curious about this question too as I've been on RAM for 7 months but am not completely satisfied and am thinking of switching to Taz...I don't want another IB! Anyone know the answer?

i think since retin a and taz are like "cousins" the taz should start where the retin left off. ill tell u how my next two weeks go

i think since retin a and taz are like "cousins" the taz should start where the retin left off. ill tell u how my next two weeks go

Definitely post back!