Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KMS1979

Alkaline is the reason for adult acne!?

Brief Histoy: 28 y/o....had acne for 12 years (6 years severe, 6 years moderate), joined this site/group 1/2 year ago.

I followed the diet here pretty tight...everybody said to avoid gluten and dairy...but it didn't work. So I stopped.

I then followed Randy Couture's diet of high alkaline foods (I am into martial arts), so my training would get better. It's similar to the diet here, but included alkaline forming foods (lemons, watermelons....). Also rice and quinoa were also banned. All of a sudden my skin cleared up!

So why is this? Is adult acne due to over active oil glands? Or having an acidic balance in our system, so our bodies excrete the acidic substances out of our skin. Everytime I eat an acidic food, my skin instantly excretes oil...is my body doing me a favour and getting rid of the junk thru my skin (creating a clog and a pimple)?

What do you think...is adult acne caused by over active oils glands or a an acidic ph level?