Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Episode5

Running out of options...nothing is working.

Ok, so I've basically tried everything I could think of besides Accutane. Nothing has worked so far and it almost seems like it's getting worse. I never want to go anywhere or do anything, I almost feel like I'm going insane.

Here's a list of everything (that I remember) I have tried so far:

Benzaclin

Differin

Duac

Zinc Cream

Proactiv

Murad

Jojoba Oil

Nizoral 2% (thought it was a fungas causing my problems, didn't work)

Minocycline

Omega 3/6/9

Mulit-Vitamin/Mineral (no iodine)

B-Complex 100

Vitamin B5 500mg

Various cleansers/moisturizers

Is Accutane really my last hope? My mother suggested that I might have an adrenal gland problem, but at this point now I have NO idea whatsoever. I'm going to see a doctor next Wednesday, who I have seen before but I'm also going to have a blood test. Even though I look like crap, I try my best to take care of my skin. I wash it twice a day, moisturize, take my vitamins, anything that would keep it healthy and yet, every morning for what seems like no reason at all, I have new zits or bumps that have the junk in them all over my face.

Has anyone else tried most of these? If they didn't work, what did you find that did?

Yes, hasn't worked. Even bought the products from here. If I had to take a guess, I'd say something is going on internally. What that is though, I have no idea.

Hey I don't know if you've already been to the doctor but if you haven't, be sure to have them test your blood for some kind of hormonal imbalance. Also, try Tea Tree Leaf Oil -- and remember, less is more.

hey! cheer up theres something for everyone, as what the person above me said go see a doctor, and see what he says

I hear u, I am 27 and have basically given up...I get bad ingrown hairs which cause me spots and greive, my skin is at its worse and like you, I just wanna hid indorrs away from the outside world...it really sucks....

Just understand that there are people like you out there, so I know where your coming from. How old r u?

Trent

I hear u, I am 27 and have basically given up...I get bad ingrown hairs which cause me spots and greive, my skin is at its worse and like you, I just wanna hid indorrs away from the outside world...it really sucks....

Just understand that there are people like you out there, so I know where your coming from. How old r u?

Trent

I'm 22, I'll be 23 next month. As for the doctor, after seeing him he found out I did in fact have an adrenal problem. To give you a little idea as to how poorly it was functioning, he said it was at a 2 when it needed to be around 8. He prescribed me some supplements to help bring it up, and while it has only been 4 days now, it's actually become a lot worse...even though he said it should start clearing up in about a week.

So yeah, hopefully this doesn't fail me because if it does, I give up.