Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rapidfire7

Is there any hope for me?

Finished course last Thursday.. Was clear that day but was not completely clear at anytime during my 6 month treatment for more than a week I'd say and that might be pushing it.. I've been breaking out since my course finished... like probably atleast one small zit a day around my mouth... My derm says I have taken the correct cumulative dose for my weight... Is this a very bad sign?.. I just heard from somone that I should've stayed on until I had 0 acne for a month before coming off!

From those of you with experience is there any chance I may still clear up and stay clear in the coming weeks or do I inevitably need some more boxes or even a 2nd course? I hope not :(

I kind of had a similar situation.. I wasn't completely clear when I finished my course in May. I was much improved but nowhere near good (still lots of moderate acne, many blackheads, and even a couple of small cysts). My derm wouldn't let me continue though but said I could go on a second course after summer if needed.

So over the summer my skin HAS improved drastically... it continued to clear up over the past 3 months, slowly but surely. I think your skin will continue to get better. However, it's still not clear and I still occasionally get scarring acne and all the oil and blackheads have returned, so I'm going to opt with a second course.

But keep the faith, it's possible that you'll continue to clear!