Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lexii

um, i quit.

i'm done with the DKR. i'm almost two months into it and i've never looked this bad before. i'm just starting college and because of this regimen i have low self esteem. my skin is so dull, red, and peeling not to mention the severe acne. i'd rather go back to my old routine and live with the light to moderate acne, at least i had glowing, baby soft, and almost even skin. i'm scared my skin won't go back to normal though. can anyone give me advice pretty please :]

lexii, dont give up yet, i know it must be very frustrating having even worse acne than before, but ur skin will go back to normal and might even get better than it was before, so dont worry about it even though i know its hard not to. Listen, did u follow Dan's regimen exactly? what were u using before u started the regimen?

if you can't stop thinking about your acne, and think it will affect your life worse than the side effects of accutane, then think about which one is a better option.

Yeah, i quit too! I was on it for 4-5 months and it didn't work, but seriously don't get too bummed out cause there are tons of other treatments. Have you seen the derm? They may have something better that will work just for you. My derm put me on retina micro and so far it's been okay. I'm also just washing my face with Purpose face cleaner. OH and.... I'm on Yaz birth control and I've been on that since feb. I hope the best for ya! I know how it goes and it sucks! Just keep your head up and remember that this is just temporary and this is just something you're going through :) and yes you will get that glow back! :)

The DKR doesn't work for everyone, don't feel guilty if you need to find something else! That's okay! We're here to support you no matter what treatment you decide to use!

lexii, dont give up yet, i know it must be very frustrating having even worse acne than before, but ur skin will go back to normal and might even get better than it was before, so dont worry about it even though i know its hard not to. Listen, did u follow Dan's regimen exactly? what were u using before u started the regimen?

thanks for the helpful words. i'm a perfectionist, so due to that i followed dan's regimen religiously. before i was using alpha hydrox face wash, zapzyt on problem areas, and alpha hydrox lotion. what's weird is on DKR my chin is perfectly clear, but on my old routine everything else was clear except for my chin, but that was just with light to moderate acne. so i was thinking just using DKR on my chin and my old routine everywhere else.

if you can't stop thinking about your acne, and think it will affect your life worse than the side effects of accutane, then think about which one is a better option.

well see, i have never had severe acne and had never thought of taking accutane. after being on the DKR my acne turned severe, and i really don't want to take accutane just cause a regimen screwed up my skin. but thank you for the advice :]

Yeah, i quit too! I was on it for 4-5 months and it didn't work, but seriously don't get too bummed out cause there are tons of other treatments. Have you seen the derm? They may have something better that will work just for you. My derm put me on retina micro and so far it's been okay. I'm also just washing my face with Purpose face cleaner. OH and.... I'm on Yaz birth control and I've been on that since feb. I hope the best for ya! I know how it goes and it sucks! Just keep your head up and remember that this is just temporary and this is just something you're going through :) and yes you will get that glow back! :)

i would love to see a derm, but my dad recently quit his job and we don't have health insurance. and i'm the typical poor college student, so i couldn't pay like $100 just to see a derm. i have seen one before when i was a sophomore high school and was put on some blue pills. they worked ok, but my mom didn't want me on medication anymore and my acne wasn't that bad eitehr. thank you so much though! you're a sweetheart!

The DKR doesn't work for everyone, don't feel guilty if you need to find something else! That's okay! We're here to support you no matter what treatment you decide to use!

thank you!! :] i'm glad i found this site!

Sorry to hear about that.... I just got health insurance this year after going 8 years without it, so I know how that goes. :( anyways did you ever try nothing at all.... I know it sounds weird but before I went on the micro I was fed up and chose to do nothing cause I noticed that I only had acne on the parts of my face that I tried to medicate the most because I was soooo paranoid. I had a lil revelation that maybe all these things that I've been trying on my face was doing more harm than good and what do you know I started to clear up, i wasn't completely clear but my skin just seemed less mad at me you know? :)

Sorry to hear about that.... I just got health insurance this year after going 8 years without it, so I know how that goes. :( anyways did you ever try nothing at all.... I know it sounds weird but before I went on the micro I was fed up and chose to do nothing cause I noticed that I only had acne on the parts of my face that I tried to medicate the most because I was soooo paranoid. I had a lil revelation that maybe all these things that I've been trying on my face was doing more harm than good and what do you know I started to clear up, i wasn't completely clear but my skin just seemed less mad at me you know? :)

yeah! I know exactly what you're saying! my friend rarely ever washes her face or puts any other lotions or medications on her face. i'm not gonna say she's totally clear, but her face looks a lot better than mine! i can't bear the thought of going to sleep with makeup on, so i have to wash my face, but tonight i didn't apply any bp, only moisturizer. and i guess we'll just see what happens in the morning

Lexii, I'm sure you'll get clear, glowing, beautiful skin back soon. =) Maybe your using too much bp, or your allergic to it? Good luck! We're all here for you! :angel:

Lexii, I'm sure you'll get clear, glowing, beautiful skin back soon. =) Maybe your using too much bp, or your allergic to it? Good luck! We're all here for you! :angel:

thanks!! i was wondering though, how do you know if you're skin is allergic to bp?

same thing happened to me! i stopped using it and went straight to my family doctor. he prescribed me this medication that healed my acne quickly and now i've been using it everyday.

If you have severe acne you need to get on accutane, you say your poor, but whats more important money or stopping your skin from scarring up.

It might not be the dkr that is making your acne worse, it might just be a natural progression and the dkr doesn't do shit for severe acne.