Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cpt. Obvious

Lets put an end to this theory about masturbation.

Alright, so I know more than a few of you have probably run across a, "Does masturbation cause acne?" post, and looked at the posts of people flinging blind evidence back and forth. why don't people just post how often they wank and we can get this shit sorted out? :surprised:

I darent masturbate anymore as i know for a fact it causes me to get a huge spot on my chin every single time. It may not directly be the masturbating that causes it, but due to issues in my body already whatever masturbating does, it will cause a break out.

I don't believe it causes acne because I know plenty of people that wank more than I and have clear skin, and my acne itself never gets worse when I do.

I've tried stopping just to see if I'm wrong, but honestly, I don't have the will power. I lasted three days, it's not easy.

I go around 2000 times in around 16 hours.

I should sell my boys. The entire world would be filled with mini me's. Sounds like a utopian society to me :D

Guest missyjean130

I;m a girl so I don't have anything to "wank"...but usually once a week lol

um i dont really know what to belive cuz this is weird........but I dont see how that could effect your acne but who am I to say.

I;m a girl so I don't have anything to "wank"...but usually once a week lol

You also can't sell it like we can :dance:

Haha has anyone seen the Seinfeld where they have a no masturbation contest? If I can remember correctly Elaine loses! I can't really see how this effects a persons skin. Even if I did know that it directly affected my skin I would still do it. We are animals we have needs!

Everyday since 11 now almost 26. I've been pulling out loads one after another. Its a need you can't stop acne or not. It benefits so well No disaese, No money spended, Cleans out the system, Kills time , Stress reliever, No talking to it, No condom needed, No takeing it out to dinner, It gives me my meoment of fantasy I can think of anyone that I want too, Quick and easy, No one has to know. No regreats afterwards, No babys on top of that, You do not feel desprate lusting over just anybody, Got all the confidence in the world when talking a HIV test, No arugements with anybody, Your all alone so you could do what ever you want I mean who's looking. Like my dad saids Its so much better to do that then get in trouble. Everybody does that shit. Completely normal like taking a piss. Would it be better to do that or get involed with that drug shit again.

I think after all theses years of being by myself it has paid off most certainly,Even if I had someone it will only cut down a very small percent of it. Its got style, Its got flare, It got talent, Its got charisma, Its got science, Its got technique Its got commen sense, and its always there for you 24-7. I think it shows you care about you :surprised:

Do not hold back on this cause you think it plays a roll on your skin. Its waaaaaaay to benefiting. The stress alone by reisisting it will be by far more more damageing to your skin. We got to find a practical way in dealing with acne and this is surely not one of them. Not masturbation any going to clear even a mild chase of acne Most ursurely certainly not.

So do not hold back acne sufferers have losts enough in there lives but we can not lose masturbation

MostExtreme.

:lol:

Haha has anyone seen the Seinfeld where they have a no masturbation contest? If I can remember correctly Elaine loses! I can't really see how this effects a persons skin. Even if I did know that it directly affected my skin I would still do it. We are animals we have needs!

Yeah, Elaine does lose. But Kramer loses first

OHH I love that episode of seinfeld! HA Kramer...Anyway I know plenty of men who do it and have perfect skin. This myth is Grade A bologna.

I love that show, and that website.... kudos!~

It's funny because I knew that link was It's Always Sunny prior to even looking at the hyperlink...

God Damnit Jack Bauer, you really are the man~

What's even funnier is that I have actually seen homeless people doing that on the subway a couple of times before.

Somehow, it's both disgusting and hilarious at the same time

I'm a 26 year old male and yes I think I've noticed a correlation between masturbation and acne. It's not the only cause for my acne but it seems to aggravate it. If I stop for one to three weeks I can almost get clear. Found it quite hard to stop at first but trust me, it get's a lot easier.

Before we have another "Yes it does", "No it doesn't" thread I'd like to say that it won't necessarily work for everyone. One thing that's glaringly obvious from reading these forums is that people get acne for different reasons. Age, sex, diet, climate and many more can all play a role.

To all those people that say "my friends masturbate loads and they don't get acne therefore there's no link". Come on, I've heard this enough! This argument is ridiculous, some people won't get spots no matter what.

I've been relativity clear over the last week which also included a huge 5 day bender where I had very little sleep and drank heavily. Had sex last night so we'll have to see how things go. In the past I've noticed ejaculating once in a while doesn't mess me up too much. I just don't do it every day like I used to.

This is all work in progress, as with most of us I'm still trying to work it out.

I use to masturbate when i was in middle school and early high school and had acne on and off moderately, but havent since i was a sophmore in high school (4 years now) and in that time i had 2 years of clarity, 1 year of severe acne and what ever this year brings me.

So at least in my case my masturbation habits dont seem to have any correlation to my acne.

2 cents take it or leave it.

I use to masturbate when i was in middle school and early high school and had acne on and off moderately, but havent since i was a sophmore in high school (4 years now) and in that time i had 2 years of clarity, 1 year of severe acne and what ever this year brings me.

So at least in my case my masturbation habits dont seem to have any correlation to my acne.

2 cents take it or leave it.

i leave it.

What a nonsense. The only link that might make some sence is that acne is aggrevated by hormones, and hormones make you want to wank off more often. Not the other way around.

Increase in Body Testostorone after masturbation:

Skin Changes

As oil and sweat glands become more active, changes occur in the skin of the face and body. Acne results in up to 40% of individuals evidenced mainly on the back (Gooren, 1999; Giltay & Gooren, 2000) which is similar to the case of hypogonadal men who start androgen treatment past the age of normal puberty (Gooren, 1999; Van Kesteren et al., 1997). These changes increase the body's ability to sweat

I think there isn't a correlation, since I also hadn't masturbated for like 3 years and still got acne.

BUT, I do think there is a correlation between masturbation, hormones, and acne (not a direct one between masturbation and acne). Since a lot of people who take steroids (to get buff) end up getting a nuke of acne, I know there has to be a definite correlation between androgens/estrogens and acne, but it may end up being nothing more than those sex hormones causing more active oil glands.

Anyhow, I think as much as we shouldn't proliferate the "no masturbation, no acne" concept, we should also consider those who believe it works for them and respect their beliefs. I mean, in the end, we're all here to achieve clear skin, and heck, if some of us can get it through topicals while others get to it by not masturbating, why not just feel happy for that person? (Regardless of whether it's scientific or mental).