Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kll

Derm and Peel treatments advertised on TV

Does anyone know anything about these "Derm and Peel" products I have seen on TV lately for acne scarring? Do they work?

I'm wondering the same thing... it says it reduces pore size and fades acne scars.. there was a picture they showed where the acne looks similar to mine.. and I was like damn good infomercial.. anyone tried it?

Please do not believe infomercials.......I've worked in the post-production world for over 13 years now and won't even tell you what they do on shoots and in the editing stages to make those products look believable.

Now, having said that, I will say that I have ordered Proactiv and liked one of their products, but feel that using the entire line all together is very hard on the skin.

So, don't expect miracles, and go into it knowing that it may or may not work for you and your skin type.

What is the chemical that causes the peel in the product being advertised? I think that's the key here. As far as I know there's only a handful of chemicals being used today to induce peeling.

My favorite acne infomercial was that electronic zapper. Has anyone ever seen that? You can just ZAP them away in mere minutes! lol.

The ab curl machine ones are hilarious too. Funny though...they looked so promising. =;

Hey I remember that! And as a clueless teenager I used to believe it works! #-o Fortunately though I had already been taking Accutane and didn't feel the need to buy it.

Talking about peels, I was trying to recall the name of a peel kit that's made by a British company. They have their own website but for the life of me I can't recall their name and url. I can't remember what chemicals were used, but I think the product causes skin renewal by "suffocating" the upper most layers of your skin, causing it to slough off. Sounds absolutely scary but I remember having heard quite a few rave reviews about it. I think the company's name goes like "skin nature" or something like that....I'm just wondering if anyone knows their exact name.

The only part I liked in the kit was the Glycolic Acid. Must have been between 8-15 %. It never siad on the bottle the %. It felt stronger than 8-10% but less than 20%.

The Cream had some particle in it and it was not Aluminum Oxide Crystals. I am not sure what it was. The cream had a pepermint feel to it. And it also felt liek cement after washing it off. It seem to temporarily cause wringling under you eyes? WHy I am not sure?

In all it is a Garbage Product!!

Those commercials are the worst. I can't tell you how many times I have been in bed EATING with crumbs and all and on the phone ordering exercise equipment for the low low price of only 6 monthly installments of $29.95 plus shipping and handling and other associated fees not included biggrin.gif

I am the proud owner of numerous cooking gadgets and I DON'T cook, exercise equipment some so large they are in the garage and some funky

orthapedic dog bed my dog won't sleep on!