Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Paul25

I need something to wash with other than water

Ive never really taken notice to it before, but when i wash my face in the bath it always gets alot of more dry and red. So i decided to just wash my face with a tiny bit of water but it feels horrible all day really without been cleansed. I need to wash my face though that doesnt involve water or really been washed off with water as it will just dry it out. Has anyone any recommendations at all?

i NEVER wash my face when i take a hot shower.. i read somewhere that when you wash your face with hot water the pores kinda get 'glued' together..after stopping this i noticed i got fewer whiteheads,but that maybe beacuse of my regime and everything,so i dunno...

i wash my face once at the morning , with iiice cold water and wash with SEBA MED

this is the one i use :

http://www.sebamed.com/index.php?id=2288&L=1

seba meds homepage..

http://www.sebamed.com/281.html

:)

municipal water systems have so many impurities and chemicals added that are way too harsh for your face. use a soap that's ph balanced or that neutralizes the chemicals (chlorine, flouride, etc.) i've been using some soap called miracle II soap. it's packaging is very corny and all, but it works to counteract the nasty water i have here. it's natural, biodegradable and free of harsh chemicals in regular soaps. my whole family uses it with great results, including my younger sis with acne. i also use the neutralizer in my filtered drinking water and love how much more hydrated i feel!

Im just worried about the part where washing my face with water to get the cleanser off. I may try using the redbush soap i have now but try using it when im not in the bath. I can then use water thats only slightly warm and see how things go then.

Im just worried about the part where washing my face with water to get the cleanser off. I may try using the redbush soap i have now but try using it when im not in the bath. I can then use water thats only slightly warm and see how things go then.

I wouldnt use soap on your face, I dont think thats a good idea for red sensitive skin. If you dont want to wash with water(which is probably a good idea) you could get a micellar cleanser. They are kind of like toners. Bioderma Crealine H20 is nice and La Roche Posay and Avene also make some. I use La Roche Posay Toleriane Dermo Cleanser, you have the option to just wipe it off with no water, but when I do that it leaves a film so I wash with water. A micellar is a good option though. Or you might want to try just using distilled water because tap is crap.

I wouldnt use soap on your face, I dont think thats a good idea for red sensitive skin. If you dont want to wash with water(which is probably a good idea) you could get a micellar cleanser. They are kind of like toners. Bioderma Crealine H20 is nice and La Roche Posay and Avene also make some. I use La Roche Posay Toleriane Dermo Cleanser, you have the option to just wipe it off with no water, but when I do that it leaves a film so I wash with water. A micellar is a good option though. Or you might want to try just using distilled water because tap is crap.

Where do you get the La Roche Posay Toleriane Dermo Cleanser one from?

municipal water systems have so many impurities and chemicals added that are way too harsh for your face. use a soap that's ph balanced or that neutralizes the chemicals (chlorine, flouride, etc.) i've been using some soap called miracle II soap. it's packaging is very corny and all, but it works to counteract the nasty water i have here. it's natural, biodegradable and free of harsh chemicals in regular soaps. my whole family uses it with great results, including my younger sis with acne. i also use the neutralizer in my filtered drinking water and love how much more hydrated i feel!

just to clarify for anyone out there reading my post, i use regular miracle II soap, not the moisturizing soap since i have oily skin. it isn't a soap, but a natural cleanser that removes oils from the skin without sodium lauryl sulfate or other harsh chemicals and unnatural oils and helps preserve the skins natural pH levels.

there is miracle II lotion that is free of animal products and uses natural cold pressed oils free of chemical alteration, which i use as well. the neutralizer is a "soap" that reacts with the negatively charged ions (which are usually the impurities we find in water that can aggravate the skin and our body systems, like chlorine and flourine) and makes them neutral and less harmful to the body.

i encourage anyone out there who reads this to look into the info yourself and decide how you feel about chemicals, toxins and natural methods of cleansing. this is the best natural cleanser out there that i have found, but i'm not claiming this is a wonder soap that will cure acne- just keep from aggravating your skin, allowing it to heal. in my experience, natural methods tend to treat the root cause of acne, be it poor skin integrity, bacteria, toxins, mites, poor nutrition, allergies, etc.

I can't get my links to work, but i find that the ncpmiracleII website has a good about of information on each product and also a list of suggested uses

feel free to message me for any questions or if you have a hard time understanding why i feel natural methods are best

just to clarify for anyone out there reading my post, i use regular miracle II soap, not the moisturizing soap since i have oily skin. it isn't a soap, but a natural cleanser that removes oils from the skin without sodium lauryl sulfate or other harsh chemicals and unnatural oils and helps preserve the skins natural pH levels.

there is miracle II lotion that is free of animal products and uses natural cold pressed oils free of chemical alteration, which i use as well. the neutralizer is a "soap" that reacts with the negatively charged ions (which are usually the impurities we find in water that can aggravate the skin and our body systems, like chlorine and flourine) and makes them neutral and less harmful to the body.

i encourage anyone out there who reads this to look into the info yourself and decide how you feel about chemicals, toxins and natural methods of cleansing. this is the best natural cleasner out there that i have found, but i'm not claiming this is a wonder soap that will cure acne- just keep from aggravating your skin, allowing it to heal. in my experience, natural methods tend to treat the root cause of acne, be it poor skin integrity, bacteria, toxins, mites, poor nutrition, allergies, etc.

here is some more info on the websites below. you can also find the products on other websites for cheaper.

i cant help to notice the first ingredient in that soap is "prayer" lol!!

Im going to try that when I run out of Dan's ( which I really like~ Dan's products work well if anyone hasnt tried it yet)

yeah, when i first found a bottle of it in my parent's house, i thought my dad had gone off the deep end... it's probably a major turn off that keeps them from being as well known as they should be considering the market right now for natural, green and organic products. it looks a little crazy, i know!

my family has used it for most of the household uses is suggested and found it worked great and in some cases better than 409, lysol and all that. that same properties that help cleanse the skin of oils clean surfaces, dishes and clothing of oils and dirt without alkalines or phosphorus.

yeah, when i first found a bottle of it in my parent's house, i thought my dad had gone off the deep end... it's probably a major turn off that keeps them from being as well known as they should be considering the market right now for natural, green and organic products. it looks a little crazy, i know!

my family has used it for most of the household uses is suggested and found it worked great and in some cases better than 409, lysol and all that. that same properties that help cleanse the skin of oils clean surfaces, dishes and clothing of oils and dirt without alkalines or phosphorus.

which one u use for cleansing face?

the moisturizer one or the normal one ?

it's hard to think i can use something that can wash dish on face haha

i use the regular soap on my face. it is a gentle cleasner designed just like the acne.org cleanser- to remove dirt and oil. yes, it's hard to believe that you can use something on your skin and your dishes. i'm of the mindset that most of the cleaners and household chemicals we use are unnecessary and harmful considering our goal is to remove dirt and oil. of course some people also like to disinfect, but most of the time hot water does the job just fine. the cleanser was developed for your body, designed for use with skins slightly acidic pH and to be free of harsh chemicals and then over the years other people adapted it for other uses because they were looking for something simple to clean with. does that make sense?

also, the moisturizing soap is a simple mixture of the lotion and soap- 2 oz lotion to 20 oz soap. it appears to separate, but you just have to shake it up. the developers made this soap for people who prefer to moisturize in the shower instead of after or who use it as a 2-in-1 shampoo and conditioner. some people with severely dry skin use it too- it's good for skin diseases and such. if you are using the soap, BP and lotion regimen, you don't need a moisturizing soap, unless you really feel you REALLY need it- but i'd try the soap and lotion 1st, then try mixing some lotion into the soap and see how you like it. adding the lotion prevents you from removing all the oil on your face so your face isn't prepped for the BP or whatever else you use.

Paul there was a thread on here the other day discussing Grandpas Thrylox Sulfur Soap (?) I've never tried it, but seems to get a lot of good reviews.

Salt water xD

no im serious go to the ocean and get a bottle of salt water, rub some on your face after you wash your face and leave it on. drink a little too.

unless your ocean is really crappy or you don't have one nearby, in that class im sorry.

Ive never really taken notice to it before, but when i wash my face in the bath it always gets alot of more dry and red. So i decided to just wash my face with a tiny bit of water but it feels horrible all day really without been cleansed. I need to wash my face though that doesnt involve water or really been washed off with water as it will just dry it out. Has anyone any recommendations at all?

Use Clinique liquid facial soap. I hear it doesn't actually contain soap though. It's not a "natural" porduct but I've heard it's extemely gentle.

i use the regular soap on my face. it is a gentle cleasner designed just like the acne.org cleanser- to remove dirt and oil. yes, it's hard to believe that you can use something on your skin and your dishes. i'm of the mindset that most of the cleaners and household chemicals we use are unnecessary and harmful considering our goal is to remove dirt and oil. of course some people also like to disinfect, but most of the time hot water does the job just fine. the cleanser was developed for your body, designed for use with skins slightly acidic pH and to be free of harsh chemicals and then over the years other people adapted it for other uses because they were looking for something simple to clean with. does that make sense?

also, the moisturizing soap is a simple mixture of the lotion and soap- 2 oz lotion to 20 oz soap. it appears to separate, but you just have to shake it up. the developers made this soap for people who prefer to moisturize in the shower instead of after or who use it as a 2-in-1 shampoo and conditioner. some people with severely dry skin use it too- it's good for skin diseases and such. if you are using the soap, BP and lotion regimen, you don't need a moisturizing soap, unless you really feel you REALLY need it- but i'd try the soap and lotion 1st, then try mixing some lotion into the soap and see how you like it. adding the lotion prevents you from removing all the oil on your face so your face isn't prepped for the BP or whatever else you use.

I just ordered the normal soap haha

and I also ordered their Neutralizer liquid to spray on right after washing~

have you tried that yet?

I didnt order the moisturizer tho since I have tried a few "natural moisturizer made with oil" but they dont really work well~ always make me still oily

i use complex 15 mix with 1 drop of jojoba oil for moisturizing and it's working wonder so far ( my face can literally reflect light in the middle of the day...but with complex 15 and jojoba...I still have some oil but it's the kind of oil that ppl think it's normal)

I just ordered the normal soap haha

and I also ordered their Neutralizer liquid to spray on right after washing~

have you tried that yet?

I didnt order the moisturizer tho since I have tried a few "natural moisturizer made with oil" but they dont really work well~ always make me still oily

i use complex 15 mix with 1 drop of jojoba oil for moisturizing and it's working wonder so far ( my face can literally reflect light in the middle of the day...but with complex 15 and jojoba...I still have some oil but it's the kind of oil that ppl think it's normal)

cool, let me know how it works for you, especially the neutralizer on your face. i've heard of doing it and plan on trying it. i'm gonna use BP for a few more weeks to get clear and then look for something to maintain that- hoping neutralizer does that.

i've had some good results with using neutralizer liquid in a spray bottle on my body to prevent shave bumps/ body acne on my legs and underarms and such. also i've been able to go without real deodorant here in humid, sticky and hot coastal NC for 3 whole days without smelling funky! i used a deodorant stone too, but that alone didn't cut it before. i think its a good sign that neutralizer inhibits bacteria where it grows relentlessly. yep, just checked- still normal smelling! it's exciting b/c deodorant breaks me out so painfully.

Hot water and sea salt is what works the best for me, I tried nearly one hundred different things and the result was always the same : irritation, at first very dry skin, and then very oily skin, and pimples.