Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kezzar

Switching from Panoxyl to Dan's BP

Hey guys!!!

Well, i'm kinda new to all this forum stuff,

but i was wondering if anyone here would be able to offer me their advice?

Basically, i've been on the regime for 4 weeks or so, but the BP i was using was Panoxyl!

I had a HORRIBLE break out and i'm still getting over it now to be honest,

Anyway, i've decided to give Dan's products a go because Panoxyl really is just too drying (even though it is giving me okay results)

So i was wondering if anyone here has actually done that -switched their 2.5 % panoxyl gel for Dan's BP gel ?? If so ... was there any nasty affects like another break out, or whatever?

If you could help in anyway i would be really grateful!!

:)

THANKS!!!

and good luck everyone x x x

Your switch should go well. We hear a lot about how drying Panoxyl is, you're not alone. You'll probably notice Dan's bp is very skin friendly.

Your switch should go well. We hear a lot about how drying Panoxyl is, you're not alone. You'll probably notice Dan's bp is very skin friendly.

Aww thanks for you message!! :)

I really hope the switch is ok.. i'm sooo scared about having another outbreak

:'(

keep your fingers crossed 4 me!! :)

Thanks again!! x x x x

If you were using the water-base 2.5% panoxyl gel I would say it's no different than Dan's BP gel, both are quite drying from the desquamative effects.

i give would give it like 3 days between because i switched from neutrogenas on the spot to proactiv's BP i did it like this monday:neutrogena tuesday; proactiv bp. and it broke me out so i would say give it 3 days

Hi there,

I'm kinda going through the same thing. I've been on the regimen for about 5 weeks using 2.5% panoxyl. I've been seeing ok results but not as good as I was hoping for to be honest.

I ordered dan's BP yesterday to see if it makes any difference.

Watch this space, I'll let you know whether it works...

I had switched from Panoxyl 2.5 to Dan's BP. Dan's BP is really the best so don't be worry. The switch will be a success and you will like it better. You will not regret to switch to Dan's BP. Enjoy...

I had switched from Panoxyl 2.5 to Dan's BP. Dan's BP is really the best so don't be worry. The switch will be a success and you will like it better. You will not regret to switch to Dan's BP. Enjoy...

THANKS FOR YOUR ADVICE GUYS!!!!!!! :)

can i just ask you a qu northSG .. you know when you switched did you experience any side effects such as a break out or any itchyness, or was it a relatively smooth switch?!

thankssss again - your all fab!!!!!!!!!!!x

can i just ask you a qu northSG .. you know when you switched did you experience any side effects such as a break out or any itchyness, or was it a relatively smooth switch?!

OK, I had used Panoyl for a month, but it was too drying. I had to apply a couple times of moisturiser during the day and sometimes night but I still feel my face so dry. So I switched to Benzac AC which was quite good but it gave me a white face after it dried. So I decided to try Dan's BP. During the initial few days, Dan's BP was more drying than Benzac but definitely much better than Panoxyl. So I applied moisturiser after Dan's BP was dried. But when I used it more than a week, my face got oilier so I used moisturiser only on dryer areas until eventually I stopped using moisturiser at night. I actually find Dan's BP is the best. It's no longer drying after my skin used to it and in fact I don't need to use any moisturiser at night, except AHA (twice a week). Furthermore, it is totally transparent so I don't have a white face anymore. I should say it's more than a smooth switch, it's a better switch. Just monitor closely on the face changes and adjust your regimen slightly. My face still feels slightly tight but I like it. It's like the BP is sucking all my face oil away without over drying. Go for it.

OK, I had used Panoyl for a month, but it was too drying. I had to apply a couple times of moisturiser during the day and sometimes night but I still feel my face so dry. So I switched to Benzac AC which was quite good but it gave me a white face after it dried. So I decided to try Dan's BP. During the initial few days, Dan's BP was more drying than Benzac but definitely much better than Panoxyl. So I applied moisturiser after Dan's BP was dried. But when I used it more than a week, my face got oilier so I used moisturiser only on dryer areas until eventually I stopped using moisturiser at night. I actually find Dan's BP is the best. It's no longer drying after my skin used to it and in fact I don't need to use any moisturiser at night, except AHA (twice a week). Furthermore, it is totally transparent so I don't have a white face anymore. I should say it's more than a smooth switch, it's a better switch. Just monitor closely on the face changes and adjust your regimen slightly. My face still feels slightly tight but I like it. It's like the BP is sucking all my face oil away without over drying. Go for it.

THANKS AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

total help and i feel better about switching now... thanks northSG!! :D xxxxxxx

THANKS AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

total help and i feel better about switching now... thanks northSG!! :D xxxxxxx

You are welcome. That's why we are here to help each other.