Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
f a m o u s

acne and sleeping

do you guys mainly get acne at night?? b/c it seems like the only time i get acne is when i am asleep and when i wake up i have newones. do you mabe know why this happens?? it soooo annoying! :(

I think this is how its supposed to work... but sometimes during the day i can feel a new spot coming up. I kinda like it better that way because i can prepare for it and its not a total surprise when i wake up with a new one. xD

I am always nervous to look in the mirror after waking up to see the status of my skin and whether my marks look any better or worse or if any new pores are clogged...Really puts a damper on my day if I see any new clogged pores or whiteheads.

Do you sleep on your face? Like how do you lay in bed? If you lay on your side or on your stomach and have your face all over your pillow, it can clog your pores. I found that if i sleep on my back i have a lot less breakouts.

Happens to me too. I would recommend making sure you change your bedding quite regularly and washing your hair fairly often, especially if it is long and gets in your face as you are sleeping - this seem to slightly reduce the number of new pimples I get overnight.

Strangely though...if I have a nap in the afternoon, my skin improves.

Most of the time new acne shows up while you are sleeping due to the body regeneration. When you are sleeping your body is functioning differently then in a day.

Some people may notice new acne during day time and most can notice during the night time while in the sleeping process.

ive been loading up on the BP- neutrogena on the spot- at night and since ive been doing that im not waking up to new pimples!.... dans regimen really works- i used to use salicidic acid but it didnt do anything for my breakouts- the BP is what works for me.

Do you sleep on your face? Like how do you lay in bed? If you lay on your side or on your stomach and have your face all over your pillow, it can clog your pores. I found that if i sleep on my back i have a lot less breakouts.

I think you may be right. I tend to break out most on my left cheek and I always sleep on my left side (I have no idea why, I just can't otherwise.) I started washing my pillow cases once a week, let's see how that goes.

Ive been using BP for about a month, and now i only have any trouble with the side i sleep on.

Its annoying, as i tie my hair up before i sleep and swap the sides of the pillow i sleep on each night and change my bed sheets each week...but some how i manage to still develop new spots over night :(

ooho reallly?? lmaoi i didnt kno that lack of sleep makes it worse!!:)

Yes sleep affects acne!! :)

the mousturizer I am using now claims to help keep pores open at night so oil and dead skin cells cant get trapped. It has not caused me any probs and I have been using it for 3 wks. it is clean & clear night soft oil free mousterizer (like $7). worth a try.

like i always clean my sheets 1 to 2 times a week, but liek i use fabric softner, i have heard that it causes acne, mabe tahts why, plus b/c i was it alot.

Im like demented when i sleep. its lke a patern. face stomach right side stomach left side back

So lack of sleep makes acne worse? damn i need to go bed earlier now..

Also i'm trying to "train" myself to sleep on my back so my face doesn't touch the pillow whatsoever, but it's so uncomfortable :(

I found the perfect way to sleep so my face doesn't touch the pillow :D

Since i HATE sleeping on my back.

I lay on my side and put my head on the very edge of the bottom of the pillow, so my face is elevated and not touching anything.

I found the perfect way to sleep so my face doesn't touch the pillow :D

Since i HATE sleeping on my back.

I lay on my side and put my head on the very edge of the bottom of the pillow, so my face is elevated and not touching anything.

Ha...I do the same exact thing =P

As I have long hair I put it down and then sleep on my hand, my hand then acts as a barrier. Problem is when I'm sleeping the plan just goes out the window.

hey, hope your ok and your acne is clearing up... Does "not sleeping on your face" really work for you?

please get back to me

thanks

paul