Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
plo

Did anyone start on Spriro 25 mg?

Well when I discuss to my Internist that I wanted to try Spironolactone for my acne she decided to start me off on 25 mg.

She said she would then increase the mg's slowly as my body gets used to the medication.

I want to know who started out on a low dose and how frequently your doctor increased the dose.

I think my doctor said once I'm done w/ my first month of 25 mg - she was going to do 50 mg.

I havn't seen results yet on 25 mg which I'm only starting week 3 of it.

When I do increase the dosage of Spiro, is my skin going to look better and better each time the dose is increase?

I would appreciate everyone's opinion on Spiro. I'm new on this medication and I want to know everyone's else experience w/ it.

And by the way, I also started Trinessa bcp 2 weeks ago. So I'm on both spiro and bcp and doxycycline 100 mg.

I started on 25 mg twice a day for the 1st month then I was upped to 50mg twice a day + Doxy 100mg 2x a day. Its been 6 weeks and I'm not seeing results yet. Actually my face is worse and I'm starting to look into Accutane. I've read on here it can take up to 3 months to work. I'm getting really discouraged but hanging in there. The only thing I'm experiencing is my calves are sore.

Good Luck

Well when I discuss to my Internist that I wanted to try Spironolactone for my acne she decided to start me off on 25 mg.

She said she would then increase the mg's slowly as my body gets used to the medication.

I want to know who started out on a low dose and how frequently your doctor increased the dose.

I think my doctor said once I'm done w/ my first month of 25 mg - she was going to do 50 mg.

I havn't seen results yet on 25 mg which I'm only starting week 3 of it.

When I do increase the dosage of Spiro, is my skin going to look better and better each time the dose is increase?

I would appreciate everyone's opinion on Spiro. I'm new on this medication and I want to know everyone's else experience w/ it.

And by the way, I also started Trinessa bcp 2 weeks ago. So I'm on both spiro and bcp and doxycycline 100 mg.

I have been on 50 mg/day for a little over a month now, and i have already noticed significant improvements. I must say i'm quite thrilled with the results.

When I first started Spiro, I was started on 200 mg once daily. I had horrible side effects (fatigue, dizziness, etc.), so after a month, I stopped it. Then, about a month later, I decided to give it a shot again. This time, I started out with just 25 mg daily, and then slowly increased the dose (by about 25 mg every few weeks). Even with the very low starting dose, I experienced the same exact side effects that I had when starting on 200 mg. This is just based on my personal experience, but if I were to start Spiro all over again, I would start at the full dose, and get through the initial side effects quicker. However, since your doctor wants to do things a certain way, I wouldn't suggest doing otherwise without discussing it with her first. good luck!

Hi. I also just started Spiro 25 mg today. I was wondering the same thing myself. Maybe we will get less of an IB starting out slow. ?? I also have melasma so I am not taking BCP. Antibiotics aren't good for melasma sufferers either. So, does anyone have any ideas on ways to control the IB period? I really hope this works. Keep me posted on your progress and side effects.

Tracey : )

well thanks for everyone's thoughts and concerns.

Really 25 mg twice a day huh? Well my doctor just said once a day.

I guess I'll just finish up the first month w/ 25 mg and then I'll talk to my doctor about a new dosage.

yeah same here. I think my breakouts are getting worse.

Damn nodules/cyst are getting out of hand.

I iced them and after I iced them I noticed some liquid coming out and I was like uh oh, it's gonna want to pop. So I popped it, well not really. Some pus and blood came out that's it. It's still a huge nodule/cyst and it's really really big and annoying. I'll ice it again later. :cry:

The doxycycline 100 mg is not kicking it either. I've been on 100 mg for 2 whole weeks and inflammation still there.

I've been on 25mg once a day for the past 2 weeks with no side effects at all.

I've increased the dose to 50mg once a day this morning. My generalist was scared to put me on Spiro because of my low blood pressure. For the moment, it has not changed.

I hope I'll see results with a low dose because I don't have acnee at all...just oily skin, really oily scalp and hairloss. I just can't stand all this oil anymore.

I've been on 25mg once a day for the past 2 weeks with no side effects at all.

I've increased the dose to 50mg once a day this morning. My generalist was scared to put me on Spiro because of my low blood pressure. For the moment, it has not changed.

I hope I'll see results with a low dose because I don't have acnee at all...just oily skin, really oily scalp and hairloss. I just can't stand all this oil anymore.

oh I have acne at the moment w/ very oily skin.

I'm hoping that it will help w/ all the oil I have too.

I have a oily scalp too I guess. I have to wash my hair every morning. If I wash it at night my hair will be oily/greasy by the afternoon. And that sucks :(

I started at 25 & went up by 25 every 3 months. I have now been on 100mg/day since June. I am still breaking out.

I'm sorry to hear that you are still breaking out. What does you doctor tell you?

I've been on it for almost a month now @ 25 mg. I see no improvement. I'm going to see my doctor next Wed.

Do you know how long we could stay on Spiro?

I started at 25mg/day back in March and 100mg doxy 2x's day. I was just upped to 50mg/day in June. Back in March I had an awful staph infection and was on medication for that too. Anway, I have seen major improvement in my acne. When I came home for the summer (after freaky March outbreak), my face was a lot clearer, I just had ugly scars and redness. I started the "OMG!!" regimen with baking soda exfoliator and ACV toner in late July and my skin just keeps getting better. Recently, I've added MoM for oiliness and redness and my skin looks fresh (at least much fresher than before) My point: It is soooo hard to figure out what's working because I'm trying so many things at once. Now that I'm back in Indy, my face is drying and I need apply lotion day and night. I think it's just a push-pull game, but we'll never fine a cure.

I started at 25mg/day back in March and 100mg doxy 2x's day. I was just upped to 50mg/day in June. Back in March I had an awful staph infection and was on medication for that too. Anway, I have seen major improvement in my acne. When I came home for the summer (after freaky March outbreak), my face was a lot clearer, I just had ugly scars and redness. I started the "OMG!!" regimen with baking soda exfoliator and ACV toner in late July and my skin just keeps getting better. Recently, I've added MoM for oiliness and redness and my skin looks fresh (at least much fresher than before) My point: It is soooo hard to figure out what's working because I'm trying so many things at once. Now that I'm back in Indy, my face is drying and I need apply lotion day and night. I think it's just a push-pull game, but we'll never fine a cure.

I'm happy you saw results w/ Spiro. How soon did you noticed the results? I'm still hoping to see results. :)

Yes, me too just started using the baking soda/water to exfoliate. I've been doing that for a week. After washing it off my face feels softer and smoother.

You are right - it's hard to find out what's working and what's not because of everything we are taking at once. I just added Zinc 50 mg a week ago too into my regimen. I'm also looking into the Omega 3. I'm already taking 4 pills a day and adding the Omega would be 5 - that's too much pills. But I'll think about it though.