Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sid99

what do you guys do about these...

under the skin bumps which are left after a pimple or cyst has gone. They are still raised but no longer infected. If I stretch my skin I can see it clearly and I can also feel it. I can see it under bright light also. Its like the remaining body of the pimple or cyst which dried up under the skin. Do you guys just leave them, or get them drained or something? I dont know what to do???

I have to of them. Normal cysts of mine just disappear and leave nothing behind, but the two I had this year (which caused me to get accutane in the first place) were beyond huge and stayed on my face for more than 2 months. One was about the size of a quarter and the other a penny. I had them injected about 5 times each, which would make it go down, but it would either spring back up a few weeks later or not go down all the way like other cysts I guess since they were so big. Beieng on accutane for almost 3 months and it being 5 months since I got these cysts, they have flattened tremendously. Still I can feel a slight hard mass under the skin if I touch but they don't spring up anymore which is why I think they are slowly getting absorbed back in the skin.

I think theres a hard mass in there and I've found hot compresses make the body absorb whatsever in there. but its a slow process.