Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Yik

Redness and extreme dryness

Right. I've been using azelaic acid for the past month and my acne's almost gone and a lot of red marks too were healed. Recently though my doctor prescribed me Basiron 2.5%. I use it once a day. The first two times I used it, I saw some improvement but the the third time it ended up reddening my face and the skin became extremely dry(I have very oily skin normally)

I've stopped using it for two days and my skins somewhat improved though there is a visible outline.

I know this is a common side effect but I want to know whether I should continue to take it and apply it only on marks/acne so the rest of my skin thats normal doesnt become red. And I want to know how long it will take for my skin to become normal.

Thanks.

Go ahead and stop using the Rx for your entire face and use it as a spot treatment like you suggested. It usually takes a couple of days to a week to have the redness fade. After that, I would start using the Rx for your entire face, but make sure to use the smallest amount possible, so as not to have a ruddy complexion.

2 days later and its still not improved. Areas where I never had acne have begun to sort of peel off.

Can anyone please advise me whether I should continue BP or just not use it again. I will go to the doc in a week but for now does anyone have any suggestions?

Also I have naturally tanned skin. Is that a factor?