Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
remag42

Growing out of cystic acne...

My brother had bad acne that he grew out of, but I have it worse than he did with large 1 inch wide cysts all over the lower part of my face. I am 18 now, had it since I was 15. Its not going away at all, I stopped the regimen and broke out very bad, so Im back on it again. But how long until I grow out of this, or will I? I need to know when because if I have to wait years then I might as well try Accutane.

Should I gamble and see if I grow out of it, or just do Accutane?

take an ibuprofen in the morning....and one at night...for like 6 days.... u wont have cysts anymore

Reading your signature, you probably got rid of your acne by just avoiding dairy, gluten has a small part in it too. Ibuprofen might speed up the results, but won't help on it's own. I got rid of acne by cutting out dairy and anything that contains milk in it completely. I still eat gluten stuff though, but in moderation.

take an ibuprofen in the morning....and one at night...for like 6 days.... u wont have cysts anymore

Reading your signature, you probably got rid of your acne by just avoiding dairy, gluten has a small part in it too. Ibuprofen might speed up the results, but won't help on it's own.

Well, I'm using topical ibuprofen, and it's working very, very well here, and others have found that too. Anti-inflammatories work very well for acne, particularly if you use an antibacterial with it.

I think topical ibuprofen is much better than the pills though- the effect is far more localised and you don't need as much total ibuprofen, so there's virtually no chance of side-effects.

But the pills should work too; and others have found that.