Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
stpltg

The Ultimate Method, the book "Acne No More"(The Secrets To Curing Your Acne Holistically)?

i'm a freshman of this forum and website. but, i suffer from severe acne at my face and back for more than 4 years. most of the acnes at my back are cysts and nodules, which dan's regimen can't really deal with. i've seen some doctors, but it didn't really work for me.

did anyone read the book, ACNE NO MORE? it seems pretty cool?nd if anyone have any method to deal with cysts and nodules, PLEASE tell me. i'm so frustrated.

THANK YOU SO MUCH

I didn't read it, but I've heard a lot about it.

Is it the one where your supposed to eat nothing but apples and water for 3 days? I know a lot of people have said that it works, but you need to do it every month and I don't think that's very good for one's health. :think: Also, holistic diets work by cleansing the 'toxins' from the body...and acne isn't caused by toxins! :wall: I'd probably not try it, it may be another spoof. But the best of luck to you. =)

No, but I did clear my skin with better diet and supplements. See sig.

And the above statement is completely incorrect. Holistic diets are about health and the nutrients your body needs to function, and these functions include balancing hormones and reducing inflammation. Which, for the most part, are what causes acne.

books like that dont work most of the time, because there is no "cure" for acne, did u know the guy who wrote acne free in 3 days also wrote a book about weight loss and a book about getting rid of warts? true story. lol Unfortunately its really just a way to make money. ;)

I have heard about the book but not read it yet. I have tried many things for my severe acne with no success so I am usually sceptical about these things.

I hope you find some answers there though

And the above statement is completely incorrect. Holistic diets are about health and the nutrients your body needs to function, and these functions include balancing hormones and reducing inflammation. Which, for the most part, are what causes acne.

Yes, but this guy is claiming that it removes toxins from the body.

Which, if you ask me, is false, because as you said it is caused by hormones and inflammation. Obv. not whatever this quack is claiming.

Yes, but this guy is claiming that it removes toxins from the body.

Which, if you ask me, is false, because as you said it is caused by hormones and inflammation. Obv. not whatever this quack is claiming.

Do you have any idea why ones hormones would be out of wack? Did you consider that poor diet could be a cause of this?

A standard modern human diet consists of poor quality meats jacked up with hormones, vegetables and fruits with little to no nutritional value. Add to that the chemical herbicides and insecticides used to create these foods. and one has to consider the toll these foods are placing on ones liver as it must filter these toxins out. Once it has done this, the liver is asked to clean up and balance the extra hormones in the body, which it has a tougher time doing considering the unhealthy state it is likely to be in.

Then theres the lack of proper balance of vitamins which allow all of the body's functions to go on uninhibited. To understand these causes you should definitely read the holistic / Nutrition forum. But basically, without a proper balance of vitamins / minerals / oils / blood sugar levels the body gets thrown out of proper function, including immune function, which could result in disease.

For some people acne is a result of these imbalances. I am sure people without acne who maintain poor eating habits will eventually see the results of this physically manifesting in their bodies in some form or other, it is inevitable. You are what you eat, I believe this old cliche to be one of the wisest. Consider googling "Paleolithic Diet" to learn about how modern eating habits do harm to our bodies in ways you may not have considered.

Your body will remove toxins all on its own if given the right fuels to do so. Limiting the intake of said toxins can only help this process.

Tried it. Complete waste of my time. I lost about 1 stone in weight for a fairly large frame so looked frail and it actually aggravated my acne. Trust me, eating apples for 3 whole days and then being allowed a glas of red grape juice on the 3rd evening is not a fun thing. It was pointless.

"Your body will remove toxins all on its own if given the right fuels to do so. Limiting the intake of said toxins can only help this process."

That is true. Eating healthier definitely makes a big change in acne. However, when the body is deprived of normal food, therefore these necessary nutrients, it does not minimize one's intake of toxins. The body is stripped of its natural fuel and loses immunity to such diseases. Acne would only be aggravated under these circumstances. I suppose if we ate all organic foods, that would be a huge help.

Thank you for your post; it's extremely informative.

Well, even if your acne can't be cleared by diet alone, it can only help, i would think. And besides that, shouldn't you be adhering to a healthy lifestyle anyway? I dunno, but it just seems that i feel so much better when i eat good. I can't see any reason NOT to do it.

Well, even if your acne can't be cleared by diet alone, it can only help, i would think. And besides that, shouldn't you be adhering to a healthy lifestyle anyway? I dunno, but it just seems that i feel so much better when i eat good. I can't see any reason NOT to do it.

Diet helps a whole lot, but the author of this book is advising to literally starve yourself for 3 days; eating nothing but apples & water. :liar: It looks like a scam to me. He should have just advised to eat healthier and more organic foods.

Tried it. Complete waste of my time. I lost about 1 stone in weight for a fairly large frame so looked frail and it actually aggravated my acne. Trust me, eating apples for 3 whole days and then being allowed a glas of red grape juice on the 3rd evening is not a fun thing. It was pointless.

I tried this too, it really sucked, I felt dead. but by the second day, my acne had stopped, then by the 4th day I actually became really clear, then when I went back to eating foods other than apples it came back again, pretty bad. dont know if this was a fluke or in my head or what