Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
holdthescroll

Have done Baby Brush method for 4 months now, next step?

The baby brush method cleared my acne significantly, but I still can't get rid of it all the way. What else should I be doing if I'm still getting small red "mosquito bite"ish pimples on my face? Should I be doing something on top of the baby brush method? Or do I have to quit the baby brush method to try something different?

Is this the only method you are using? Are you using any topical treatment? I have never had complete clearance solely by exfoliating so you might want to add a topical treatment like 2.5% BP to your routine.

The DKR is my universal recommendation, as it almost completely cleared all of my acne. But if your skin isn't too happy with BP, I'd look into one of two things: Paula's Choice BHA, or a mandelic acid solution.

The DKR is my universal recommendation, as it almost completely cleared all of my acne. But if your skin isn't too happy with BP, I'd look into one of two things: Paula's Choice BHA, or a mandelic acid solution.

Could you tell me more about Paula's Choice? Would I just apply that on my face in the morning?

Basically what you all are saying is that I need to add in BP or something similar. My question is when and how.

Well, if you opt for BP, then I recommend you just integrate DKR into your routine. There's a comprehensive guide right on the site, but a quick summary:

Morning and night, wash with a gentle cleanser, followed by Dan's 2.5% BP, followed by a moisturizer. If you did opt for this, you could combine the baby brush method with washing your face by putting a single pump of the cleanser in your hand, pushing it into the bristles of the brush, and doing your regular gentle exfoliation.

Paula's Choice BHA is a little less complicated. Some would recommend a toner, though. But if you want the most basic method, just put the BHA on a cotton ball and spread it around your face. Day and night is most effective.

Well, if you opt for BP, then I recommend you just integrate DKR into your routine. There's a comprehensive guide right on the site, but a quick summary:

Morning and night, wash with a gentle cleanser, followed by Dan's 2.5% BP, followed by a moisturizer. If you did opt for this, you could combine the baby brush method with washing your face by putting a single pump of the cleanser in your hand, pushing it into the bristles of the brush, and doing your regular gentle exfoliation.

Paula's Choice BHA is a little less complicated. Some would recommend a toner, though. But if you want the most basic method, just put the BHA on a cotton ball and spread it around your face. Day and night is most effective.

So I could just order Dan's BP, and apply that on my face after doing the cleanser+brush combo method? And then continue with the Baby Brush? (put on aloe vera & cetaphil)