Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bobo

What we as people need...

Hi All,

As u know we have all these companies like Neutrogena, Clearisil, Clean&Clear,Proactiv, Murads Inc., and so forth...Apparently( as if it hasnt been noticible ) they are taking up their cash from our vulnrability. Basically these people know these treatments will work for most people. But others like our wonderful department store brands dont care about our faces or anything, they just need money. Im beginning to believe that many people in these facial buisinesses never had faces like yours or mine. What we need are people like us who have experienced the drama who can give our whole heart into making some treatment! I hope people who are in this board will do something for tomorrows generation or the one after that. We already know how acne starts, and we still cant get rid of it? Sheesh we can treat other serious clashes towards our bodies which make you go to the hospital, but not acne? Come on now! All we need are serious enough people who really did suffer from acne and not just two bumps, being cheerleaders in high school thinking that was the worst time in their life! You guys are already experimenting so you have the mentality, why not go all the way!

Guest fatman_uk

Coz i don't fancy medical skool, hehe. :)

-Gaz

Understood! lol but we need to take these fake ones and throw then away in the bin 8)

we don't have a cure for the common cold either. that's why it's hard with virus' or bacterial problems like acne. acne is so complex and different on everyone because of our skin types. i agree that we should hold these companies accountable for selling us shit that makes the problem worse because they've put in cheap fillers in their products and claim they work because of the one ingredient that does. it's bs. but unfortuanately it's freedom of the ......whatever product hockers union. they meet a certain criteria to pass their products and pay money to sell it and make more money off us suckers. bastards!

I have this idea for a year now and I still have not implement it. I'm thinking of setting up a website that contains information about Beauty products that is safe and good to use and products that are bad and useless. But the problem is : 'What if the company sues me for saying that their product is bad and useless?' Will they be able to do that??

Someone please advice.

That's a good idea. A lot of us could do with a page like that.

Maybe instead good and bad products you could just have a page that lists products that are known to be safe, i.e. do not contain comedogenic ingredients. I've seen seen a few such lists floating around for cosmetics but they are very short.

Hey, I take back my above post about the lists being too short - check this link out:

http://www.zerozits.com/SafeCosmetics/Safe...fecosmetics.htm

and it lists ingredients. Just a shame there isn't a skincare section.

I know there'll bound to be people here who have seen it before but I'm sure there are those that haven't. I remind people to use it as a guide only as one of the foundations on it I've seen people on another site complaining it breaks them out.