Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wiki

Can Subcision or Excision be performed in the temple area of the face?

I had a appointment today with a plastic surgeon and he said the best thing formy temple area is dermabrassion at 2k for just both temple area (ripp off) and it will give me a 35% enchancement. He stated the temple is too sensitive and there's nerves etc.. I have one more appointment with another doc next week and see what he says but if he sas the same thing I might just do a Medium peel on the temple area to achieve the same thing and pay less

really? didn't do anything? maybe excision would work better? I'm getting 12.5 TCA soon and going to use it every two weeks for a few tries and see what it does. if it improves it then i'll bump it to a higher % peel

Guest delta force operators

what did the two docs say???

one was trying to sell me on dermabrassion and he said that will give me 35% improvement and when i brought up excision or subcision he said he can't because of nerves and TCA peel he avoided and just said dermabrassion was better so screw him. the second guy i see him this Thursday at 4pm and see what he has to say. I get my TCA thursday as well so if he says nothing can be done then I will pursue the TCA and Glycolic peels

Hes right about dermabrasion being the best thing, your wasting your time with peels. If you do get some results it will be nothing satisfactory.Try to find another surgeon, both temples should run no more then 400 each side. 2000 is the average price for a full face dermabrasion not done by dr. y.

Hes right about dermabrasion being the best thing, your wasting your time with peels. If you do get some results it will be nothing satisfactory.Try to find another surgeon, both temples should run no more then 400 each side. 2000 is the average price for a full face dermabrasion not done by dr. y.

hahaha they told me 2k for both temple area and i told the girl that's what they charge for full face so why am i paying that much for temple area so screw that one more doc to see otherwise i'm doing the peel baby

wiki

have you thought about fraxel repair ? seems to have worked wonders for some of the peeps in here. I am thinking about going that route myself. I also have scarring in my temples and its driving me mad.

how much is that? going to try the peel first since there's good results as well

i had subsicion on my temples

temples are the areas on the sides of your eyes right?

lol if thats the temple, then ya i had it done

how much is that? going to try the peel first since there's good results as well

sanjoseskin:

I think the temples are higher up. I beleive they are on the sides of your forehead.

As for where you had your subscision sanjo, on the sides of the eyes, I had it done in the same area.

How has it worked out for you? I've only seen slight improvement, but my scars are bad. I can see how it would work well on ppl with moderate scarring.

yes its on the side next to your eyes just above the sideburns I'm actually going to try something better than subcision but very similiar and does not require shots to numb the area.

Carboxy its just a 30guage needle attached to a machine that shoots out O2 intothe scar area.

it will basically fill air inside and allow it to build collagen and blood flow. i'll keep you posted on how well it works. they recommend me to do 5 session and Wendesday will be my first.

How bad are your rolling scars? Are they deep or are they mild?

What are the after effects of Carboxy, how much down time is needed?

Keep us posted, thanks!

How did it go wiki? I saw a picture of your scars in another thread. I have rolling scars like you in the same area, except I think mine are worse. I've seen some improvement with subscision so Im kind of happy.

How did it go wiki? I saw a picture of your scars in another thread. I have rolling scars like you in the same area, except I think mine are worse. I've seen some improvement with subscision so Im kind of happy.

it was the weirdest feeling having O2 running through your face between the skin and muscle and it felt sore for two to three days. saw results right away but that was because the skin was puffy but its hard for me to notice much right now she said days go by it will improve a little but she said i would need to do 3-4 more session to see the difference. She makes it sound like maybe 20-30 % improvement but its hard to tell at this stage but if i do five sessions the total cost would be $400