Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
french girl

Spiro and your diet

Have you changed your diet since you are on Spiro?

My generalist told me I should not change anything since I'm young and healthy but she said ''just make sure you don't eat too much food that is rich in potassium''

I'm wondering if those of you who have been on spiro for a few months of even a few years have changed their diet? I don't like the idea of eating less fruits/vedgetables etc.

I've been taking 200 mg spiro since Nov. 2006. I have not changed my diet at all. I eat plenty of foods with potassium, and have never had an elevated blood level of potassium. How long have you been taking Spiro? Have you had a blood test done to check your potassium level? This question has been addressed before- if you use the search option to look at all the past posts, you will probably find a lot more input on the subject.

I've been taking 200 mg spiro since Nov. 2006. I have not changed my diet at all. I eat plenty of foods with potassium, and have never had an elevated blood level of potassium. This question has been addressed before- use the search option to look at all the past posts on this subject.

Thanks for your answer.

I did used the search option to find an answer but I did not find anything about it...english is not my first language so it's difficult for me to understand everything that is written.I'm sorry.

I've been taking 200 mg spiro since Nov. 2006. I have not changed my diet at all. I eat plenty of foods with potassium, and have never had an elevated blood level of potassium. This question has been addressed before- use the search option to look at all the past posts on this subject.

Thanks for your answer.

I did used the search option to find an answer but I did not find anything about it...english is not my first language so it's difficult for me to understand everything that is written.I'm sorry.

Bravo on your English. It seems to be better than most who speak it as their first language. But this is not the point of the message boards, haha. I have been taking spiro 50 mg/day for about four months and just recently got it increased to 100 mg/day. I have not had my levels checked. If your doctor is not worried about it, then he/she probably has reason not to be. You could get the levels check on your yearly exam (that's what I plan to do). Also, if you are taking vitamins/supplements, check to see if potassium is included and/or how much is there.

Here is an interesting website that categorizes foods that are 'high', 'medium', and 'low' in terms of amount of potassium. Maybe just cut back a little on the 'high' category.

Again, if your doctor isn't worried and you are young/healthy, try not to get to worried about it! You can always get your levels checked. Good luck!

Poop. I copied and pasted the website and it did not show up. Let me try again.

www.essortment.com/all/potassiumfoodh_rkyn.htm

Thanks for your answer.

Bravo on your English. It seems to be better than most who speak it as their first language. But this is not the point of the message boards, haha. I have been taking spiro 50 mg/day for about four months and just recently got it increased to 100 mg/day. I have not had my levels checked. If your doctor is not worried about it, then he/she probably has reason not to be. You could get the levels check on your yearly exam (that's what I plan to do). Also, if you are taking vitamins/supplements, check to see if potassium is included and/or how much is there.

Here is an interesting website that categorizes foods that are 'high', 'medium', and 'low' in terms of amount of potassium. Maybe just cut back a little on the 'high' category.

Again, if your doctor isn't worried and you are young/healthy, try not to get to worried about it! You can always get your levels checked. Good luck!

Poop. I copied and pasted the website and it did not show up. Let me try again.

www.essortment.com/all/potassiumfoodh_rkyn.htm

Thanks so much for your answer!!! And thanks for the website address!

I've been on 25mg for the past 2 weeks and I've increased it to 50mg this morning.

For the moment, no side effects at all...