Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey

So I am at the last straw, which is silicone microdoplet. I have tried everything: dermabrasion, isolagen, TCA cross, two fractionals and dermaroller. I can say the left side of my face is ok, but the right side makes me want to commit suicide. I am sick of looking at pictures of myself and thinking "these are fake" because they dont show the appeareance of my skin. The truth is I like me, very much. I have done lots of good things, but I do have terrible, terrible skin and am sick of feeling ashamed of myself. I have done loads of good things career wise and personally, but never feel these things matter cause I have scars. I know this is terrible, and superficial, but it is true. Lately, I feel I can't cope with it. I just want to be happier so I can move on. I dont want to look like Angelina or whomever, but better than what I do now. I will know perfection when I see it - and I know that is not perfection by society's standard. Anyway, I am going to go through with rounds of silicone with Dr Kovack in Chicago. Why? Because he is the only derm who injected collagen into my scars and with such precision that I said "wow." I trust that guy to do silicone. I know, I know, dont get my hopes up, right? I'm not. But I feel I have to do something longer lasting because I feel I am not enjoying life anymore and I know I should. I have a lot to be proud of and am so sick of feeling like puking everytime I see myself in mirror. This is not normal. Ok didnt mean to be downer, but I promise to post progress reports. I wont get my first injection until September 11 BTW, I have moderate to severe scarring imo Mostly boxcars.

thanks

heidi

Hello Heidi!

You're right. It can definitely be extremely frustrating and tiring to try many different methods and measures when trying to correct scars. I've been working on mine for years now, and the results are minimal at best.

I am glad to hear that you've found a Dr. who's talented and skilled. And I am wishing you the best of luck with your silicone treatments. Please keep us updated on your progress. - MissP

Hello Heidi!

You're right. It can definitely be extremely frustrating and tiring to try many different methods and measures when trying to correct scars. I've been working on mine for years now, and the results are minimal at best.

I am glad to hear that you've found a Dr. who's talented and skilled. And I am wishing you the best of luck with your silicone treatments. Please keep us updated on your progress. - MissP

hey thanks!! we joined the same year, so we have been battling this a long time! thanks again for the kind words!!!

Hey

So I am at the last straw, which is silicone microdoplet. I have tried everything: dermabrasion, isolagen, TCA cross, two fractionals and dermaroller. I can say the left side of my face is ok, but the right side makes me want to commit suicide. I am sick of looking at pictures of myself and thinking "these are fake" because they dont show the appeareance of my skin. The truth is I like me, very much. I have done lots of good things, but I do have terrible, terrible skin and am sick of feeling ashamed of myself. I have done loads of good things career wise and personally, but never feel these things matter cause I have scars. I know this is terrible, and superficial, but it is true. Lately, I feel I can't cope with it. I just want to be happier so I can move on. I dont want to look like Angelina or whomever, but better than what I do now. I will know perfection when I see it - and I know that is not perfection by society's standard. Anyway, I am going to go through with rounds of silicone with Dr Kovack in Chicago. Why? Because he is the only derm who injected collagen into my scars and with such precision that I said "wow." I trust that guy to do silicone. I know, I know, dont get my hopes up, right? I'm not. But I feel I have to do something longer lasting because I feel I am not enjoying life anymore and I know I should. I have a lot to be proud of and am so sick of feeling like puking everytime I see myself in mirror. This is not normal. Ok didnt mean to be downer, but I promise to post progress reports. I wont get my first injection until September 11 BTW, I have moderate to severe scarring imo Mostly boxcars.

thanks

heidi

just don't promise to put post pics and then make up a bad excuse to not post them, like drewboy did.

just don't promise to put post pics and then make up a bad excuse to not post them, like drewboy did.

Judging from your posts, your about 11, ermm 12 at most. No one wants to hear your negativity, do you not get it? Your like one of those nagging pull string dolls that's broken and wont stop spouting off ish. Lets help each other out man. If you got a personal vendetta against me, take it up with me in PM.

All this talk about you wanting to see pics of me is downright creepy, and your starting to come off a little Elton John'ish if you know what I mean with as much thinking of me as you do...

but if you want pics of me THAT bad, PM me and I'll send you some.

Heidi,

best of luck with your silicone. I hope it works out as well for you as it did for others on this forum! Please let me know if I can help in anyway whatsoever.

Lets keep this POSITIVE! Naitch...enough already.

I think I am getting some benefit from silicone. I am going for more rounds and hopefully in another 6-12 months will be happy with the result. Have to be patient with this.

Guest delta force operators

You guys have to understand scarring hurts us all. Naitch takes his pain out on others..

And honestly drewboy i am very disapointed with ur lack of pics. u promised pics to show results.This would have not only benefited us, but all the new youngins that will come in here to find solutions for their scarring.Ur here to not only help us, but the other generations still to come. I understand ur excuse, but it would have been awesome to see pics

Seems like everone is on the right track here.. Good people are now seeing results. Sillicon seems to be the way to go, and i may consider it in a yr from now,

Heidi just curious if u tried needling?

We've talked in the past Heidi, if you remember. we are in similar situations. I too have not had enough improvement to not feel like killing myself at least semi regularly. Fraxel, erbium, co2, Isolagen, needling - none of it has worked enough. If anything the shallower scarring improved so well that the deeper scars now stand out more.

Have you tried fractional CO2? I've heard good things from people who've tried it and there are studies that back it up. Something about being both deeply ablative, but also is good at encouraging collagen like regular Fraxel.

I just can't seem to stop going for other treatments as I know I'll never be happy without a huge improvement. I tried thinking positively for 2 years and not having treatments, but that didn't work out either.

I was out in LA the other week, on the beach, and I thought about all the money, friends, career, lovers that I've been blessed with, but being honest with myself, it's not enough. I must be a horrible, shallow vain person deep down because that's how I really feel.

I miss just feeling okay. I miss not worrying and being paranoid. I miss the old me.

If it's any comfort there are many of us who can empathize with you.

I have had both CO2 and silicone (and just about every other treatment). To me, CO2 is a last resort...a desperation move. I was dumb enough and the internet was in its infancy when I made my bad decision about it. If you do it now, then its your own fault if it comes out wrong...you should be lucky to have people like me to share our success and failures.

Silicone is to the total opposite...very low risk. It has helped me at least as CO2 without the nasty sides (and mine are not nearly as bad as many I have seen and heard of).

I have had just about every treatment under the sun and to me, silicone and needling are the best choices before you get desperate. As you get more desperate, you may get bigger rewards, but the risks get very high.

With regard to Drew...get off his back guys. I am dissapointed too, but I pictures are not the end all and be all anyway. In fact, they can be very misleading...even unintentionally. Personally, I would only take the pictures with a grain of salt anyway. Trust me, I can pictures at two VERY SLIGHTLY different angles and they will tell a very different picture. I have meticulously studied my scars for decades now and still have a hard time deducing improvement or lack thereof. We can just use our best judgement and look at multiple sources (Drew is not the only one).

All we can do is share to the best our ability (by the way noone is paying us). I feel Drew has at least tried, he does not owe anyone here anything. Everyone should feel free to contribute and if they can't follow through with all of their initial intentions...you know what, so be it. If you were gonna make all of your decisions based upon Drew's pictures then you are pretty stupid anyway.

So if we want to help this person about silicone then we should try! The rest is just B.S.

P.S. I am continuing my silicone treatments since I believe it is helping...although very slowly. I will definately do my best to share my final results, but it will take time. I will probably not make any conclusions for 6 months - 1 yr (maybe even more) since I do not want to make a premature statement.

Thanks guys,

I will get you guys some pics, I will post it in a new thread so the old one can die.

Hey guys!!! Thanks for all kind words It really helps. I do have a quick question for Drewboy. I PMd you this as well: I had collagen injections to a really deep scar and was "happy" with the improvement. For me, collagen is the only filler that works. I also tried perlane and resty. The doc told me, in his experience, collagen works way better than other fillers for acne scars. Something for newbies to try if they havent. It really did work wonders for me whereas perlane and resty failed imo to do anything.

Anyway, is this the same improvement to be expected from silicone, realistically? I know you cant predict my improvement, but did you ever try fillers before and now, with silicone, are achieving a similar result? Anyone?

I should mention I did one Sciton, which I thought did work on my shallow scars, and after that treatment I got carded in the UK for buying wine. I think the drinking age in the UK is 18. I am 32!!! It really made my skin smooth. Now after that, I tried LUX Palomar and hated it. I did it in June and to this day my skin breaks out on my chin. I even think it made my skin look worse because after sciton I was really smooth. Anyway, part of the pains of scar removal. Also, someone asked if I did needling. Yes, I did and I had subsiscion many times. You name it, I had it. I dont even care about the money spent, just the damn emotional roller coaster that follows....So damn painful...

PS Ants I do remember you. Glad you still love Boston! Thanks for the nice reply!

First off, Naitch is only frustrated with EVERYONE who says they'll post pics (for evidence) and never do. I think he has every right to be as pissed off as he is, and so am I. ALL OF US HERE look forward to seeing results with our own eyes, and pictures are the only way to do so. Too much talk and not enough walk on these forums I'd say.

With regards to silicone micro-droplets into your skin, I just think any permanent artificial injections aren't work the risk, especially as you age. Quite frankly I'd rather have my face burned off (via Fraxel Repair or DeepFX) and recover from it than to live with embedded plastic...I mean how scary is that?

Yes, past lasers haven't worked for me either and I'm furious about my money wasted. I will never ever trust non-ablative lasers for deep scars ever again. I strongly suggest those of you looking for something drastic to consider strong ablative lasers, ones that'll make you cry in pain without taking painkillers first. If you still haven't read and seen the pics from the lady at realself.com, I suggest all of you READ what she posted, then look at her pics.

Go to REALSELF.com and type in Deep FX in the search bar and you'll find her thread.

PS: I am due to start my TotalFX soon, I'm still looking for the right doc. I want to get it over with soon but I don't want to make the mistake of having the wrong doc like I did before. Will post pics like I promised though. :)

i dont think silicon is the only answer, i thinku need to smooth out the skin as much as possible with peels , lasers ect, The silicon just fills in the dents

So i think u need to do something for the surface. Example fraxel, chemical peel, ect.

Then u need to target the dents. Example silicon.

i dont think silicon is the only answer, i thinku need to smooth out the skin as much as possible with peels , lasers ect, The silicon just fills in the dents

So i think u need to do something for the surface. Example fraxel, chemical peel, ect.

hey

I have done that - two dermabrasions, three dermarollers and two fractionals, what else can I do for the surface?

Any suggestions?

heidi how much improvements have u gotten from those treatments?

for the surface u can also try chemical peels, retiniod such as apeel,

im just curious as to how much skin needling will help u, its sorta like a dermaroller but more agressive, u actually have to create a wound that scabs and heals.

im considering doing total fx somwhere in the new yr to smooth and clean up the texture as much as possible before hitting restylane or sillicon.

Can silicon be used in ice pick scars?

Heidi,

I suggest you try daily LED photobiomodulation therapy over a few months time before you decide to go with something permanent and potentially dangerous such as silicone injections. The light therapy is done at home and not at a doctor's office, although some docs do rip-off their patients by offering this procedure at their offices and charging as much per session as an at home personal device costs. So your only expense would be purchasing the LED (LLLT) device, which is anywhere from $100 to $400 depending on which product you get. It would also have to be at the proper wavelengths of 660nm and 850-880nm. Please search through google and read the vast scientific and academically peer reviewed literature on this methodology. I know it sounds crazy at first, but human cells are after all chromophores and they do create ATP more effciently when exposed to the said wavelengths of light. That's the essence of how photobiomodulation works. It thus stimulates more efficient elastin and collagen producion as well as microcirculation around scar tissue.

It truly can help flatten your scars and give you the kind of skin you can only hope for at the moment. It does take daily treatments of 4-8 joule/cm2 doses, but over a few months that translates into very visible results. I have also recently started recommending a once every two weeks hyperdose of 24-28 joules in order to stimulate blood circulation and fibroblast acivity in the subcutaneous tissues. This therapy is usually done as standalone or as a combination to autologous blood injections. Anyway, the results I've seen are very good. Look at the Scarless Healing and/or Autologous Blood Injection thread where I've given more information on this method of scar revision. Best wishes and best of luck to you.

Heidi..I feel your pain. I am "celebrating" 25 years living with scarring from acne in high school. I have tried dermabrasion, fat injections and smooth beam with little or no results. Since I have waited 25 years without a solution, I am trying something different. I had my first injection of silicone droplets injected last week by a doctor in Dallas, who shall remain nameless. If..if someone can fill me in on how to put pictures on this thread, I will post them here. This system does not allow for that to happen easily, so any assistance would be appreciated. I understand the frustration of looking for that answer and as you will see when I post pictures, my doctor is going to have his handful.

I think I figured it out...

The first picture was taken in September

The second was taken today 11-18-08, the injections were done on 11/13/08

If you can see a difference, other than the light, please let me know. I am going in for my second treatment on December 18th, hell or high water. My doc seems to think it will take 3 treatments and I am willing to do that at $700 a pop. I will post pictures as I progress..I will be your picture guinea pig..

post-4935-1227042777_thumb.jpg

post-4935-1227042802_thumb.jpg

post-4935-1227042777_thumb.jpg

post-4935-1227042802_thumb.jpg

Just wanted to chime in here ... pictures may not accurately portray the progress, but it provides a good expectation for the person who is considering a scar revision treatment.

Everybody responds to different treatments differently based on their kind of scarring so it isn't rocket science that different techniques produce different kind of results. If the same person has tried different treatments and still not getting the results, then if that person was to post his/her pics - that'd be super-duper helpful to somebody who might have similar scarring. For example, Heidi said that she's tried every kind of treatment one can think of the years, and she's just frustrated that nothing has worked. Now if Heidi were to post a picture of her scars, then everybody can see what to expect if their scarring is similar to hers.

I have no doubt that most of the people who post on this board own a digital camera in this day and age. And it takes a minute to crop out parts of the picture to make yourself anonymous. We all are in the same boat .. so if you expect to some help from this forum then you are obligated to help others as well. It goes both ways, and that's the reason Internet is so great!!

In fact, they can be very misleading...even unintentionally. Personally, I would only take the pictures with a grain of salt anyway. Trust me, I can pictures at two VERY SLIGHTLY different angles and they will tell a very different picture. I have meticulously studied my scars for decades now and still have a hard time deducing improvement or lack thereof. We can just use our best judgement and look at multiple sources (Drew is not the only one).

To your point, imajayhawk, that is why I am going to post my pics. I completely understand the false hopes and voodoo that people have been exposed to in our quest to rid ourselves of these scars. If my treatment works, I want to share that experience with others..if doesn't, I don't mind sharing that either. If that's the case, I will seek something else out..I may be dead before that happens, but at least I will try.

Thanks Dave. Most people get desperate when it comes to acne scars and willing to spend thousands without thinking twice. I myself in a hurry ventured into Fraxel .. with 3K down the drain, the improvement I got was not worth the price. I thought I did much research, but thought even 30-50% improvement was good .. somewhere deep inside me thought maybe it will work for me even better than for others. I'm sure I could have got the same kind of improvement from Dermarolling for lot cheaper. Let's help each other out. While I didn't break my bank by spending that kind of money, but I sure could have knocked down 6 months of my car payment. I'm afraid of younger people who might end up in debt because of it.

To your point, imajayhawk, that is why I am going to post my pics. I completely understand the false hopes and voodoo that people have been exposed to in our quest to rid ourselves of these scars. If my treatment works, I want to share that experience with others..if doesn't, I don't mind sharing that either. If that's the case, I will seek something else out..I may be dead before that happens, but at least I will try.