Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
chrisaus

what's wrong with you guys?

Still using this stuff...

I've been testing it hardcore for about a week now: Dinners with stuffing and mashed potatoes and slices of pumpkin pie (I loooove pumpkin pie!). A small bowl of cereal (Quaker Ohs (my childhood fave) and Cheerios Oat Crunch) for a snack.

I love this..... What's also awesome is that it keeps me twice as regular as my old fiber supplements.

I tried the g-powder for about a month and half..Towards the end, I started to get rashes on my face..I don't know why...I started to reduce consumption from 2-3 times to once a day....later when I stopped altogether, about that time, I treated the rashes with an anti-fungal cream, and the problem eventually subsided...Is this all a coincidence? It would be strange that glucommanon is responsible?

On a side note, I had a purchased a new bag of g-powder from the above mentioned online store and noticed this stuff gelled alot quicker than before..it starts to gel almost instantly in room temperature water! Anybody else experience this?

With that said, my acne did seem to get better though there were some blemishes got through.

I also got an ALCAT test to see what foods I'm intolerant to. It said I was moderately intolerant to gluten and to psyllium. Psyllium is found in soluble fiber? IS it related to the Konjac plant? Is it possible I ended up being intolerant to glucommanon?

I tried the g-powder for about a month and half..Towards the end, I started to get rashes on my face..I don't know why...I started to reduce consumption from 2-3 times to once a day....later when I stopped altogether, about that time, I treated the rashes with an anti-fungal cream, and the problem eventually subsided...Is this all a coincidence? It would be strange that glucommanon is responsible?

On a side note, I had a purchased a new bag of g-powder from the above mentioned online store and noticed this stuff gelled alot quicker than before..it starts to gel almost instantly in room temperature water! Anybody else experience this?

With that said, my acne did seem to get better though there were some blemishes got through.

I also got an ALCAT test to see what foods I'm intolerant to. It said I was moderately intolerant to gluten and to psyllium. Psyllium is found in soluble fiber? IS it related to the Konjac plant? Is it possible I ended up being intolerant to glucommanon?

This is why I am reluctant to buy it...I need fiber, but some are saying that after taking this powder that they are having a harder time with bms..and I do not need that probelm...its already a probelm for me.

Plus, this statement is just alarming complexissue.... I dont need a rash to add to my list of difficulties.

"Plus, this statement is just alarming complexissue.... I dont need a rash to add to my list of difficulties."

ariellestar1234, I don't mean to scare you...A lot of people seem to be seeing some great results..They say the stuff somehow reduces acne, and lessens food sensitivities...And I could

be some freak exception...or maybe my rash situation was just a coincidence..But all I know is that this rash thing came out of nowhere around past a month after using the stuff and it was really bad. With that said, since stopping the powder, I haven't really had it come back. My point is, it's really hard to pin point the root cause because there are so many variables to consider...

How bad is your acne or food intolerances?

"Plus, this statement is just alarming complexissue.... I dont need a rash to add to my list of difficulties."

ariellestar1234, I don't mean to scare you...A lot of people seem to be seeing some great results..They say the stuff somehow reduces acne, and lessens food sensitivities...And I could

be some freak exception...or maybe my rash situation was just a coincidence..But all I know is that this rash thing came out of nowhere around past a month after using the stuff and it was really bad. With that said, since stopping the powder, I haven't really had it come back. My point is, it's really hard to pin point the root cause because there are so many variables to consider...

How bad is your acne or food intolerances?

My acne is prodomitely on my chin..but lately I have ben having blackheads on my left cheek, that scar..ironically my chin is clear for the past 2 weeks..but the cheek one is persistent :rolleyes: ..

See, I think my acne is digestion related...and I eat fiber rich veggies, but still if I dont take a laxative, like 1 time a week I dont go bm..so thats why I want a fiber supplement to help me go without talking a laxative...so thats why this seems so promising.

The reason I made the comment about the gluco powder making my bm's worser then they are is because I have read the older thread about the gluco powder and some said it had them and their digetion/bm's backed up and others say it works well!

I am seemingly intolerant to air...lol..no but the majority of the foods most are..dairy/soy/wheat/peanuts/latex(avacaldos)..and I assume grains/gluten.

of course sugar/fructose in fruit ,and hfcs..

So, it would be nice to take the powder/gluco for my digestion,not so I can eat those above mentioned foods,which I think would be counterproductive,but so I can go normally..and if I happen to slip up once or twice,it wont be as bad...I hope.

I am taking 2,000 mgs of l- glutamine that is seeminlgy helping my stomach a great amnt..I mean I used to get ulcers,low stomache acid..but now they have subsided tremendously since l-glutamine.

However I want the gluco powder, but am a little reluctant..dont want to waste money on another "product".

I had horrible problems with bms, too. I was hospitalized when I was around 6/7 because of it....and over the years I've always struggled with it. Once I added Fiber Choice and more vegetables that helped. It got to the point where I would go every other day, if not every day.

This stuff....I go every day, a lot of times more than once. In fact, every few days I have to go without it before dinner and just eat all low carb instead.

Could you guys chime in about how you are taking this stuff? like:

Capsules / Powder

How much? How long before a meal?

Thanks

I have tried this powder off & on as I deal with candida. I had been doing the anti-candida diet for over 2 months prior to my most recent trial.

I have noticed that glucomannan does not discourage candida growth. I know this, because I take a cellulase enzyme at night that causes stomach upset only if candida is in my stomach & is being killed by the enzyme. So if I use the glucomannan while eating any food with carbs like potatoes or pasta without added sugar, I get stomach upset after taking the enzyme.

It now reduces my acne when I eat poorly to about 70% less, but it does not reduce eczema. Meanwhile on my anti-candida diet I had a 95% elimination of acne. I have a hard time using the powder even twice a day, because it bloats up my stomach & I feel pain in my abdomen and chest after completing a meal using it. I swallow 1/2 teaspoon in water immediately & found out that ice cold water reduces the gel time & is necessary for it to reduce acne for me. In fact, it would cause a blockage higher up in my lower esophagus when I didn't use the ice cold water since it gelled too fast & then was pointless in helping with leaky gut issues.

I have to wait at least 5 hours between each usage. It is very unpredictable at producing BMs. One day 0, the next 3. You also need to take your pill supplements and probiotics separately which is a nuisance. Then there's the weight gain from having the freedom to eat normally again. Other people seem to not be getting any abdominal pain, which has been the worst part for me, so it's really a trial and error supplement. I might incorporate a much smaller dose into my anti-candida diet when I go back. I must say it has been really nice to eat ice cream again:)

The thing is, I will not take the gluco powder just so I can eat what I know will indeed break me out.

I have a new diet plan, which is basically going to be close to anticandida.

I am going like 98% vegan...eating all greens..like colllard mustards,maybe 1 serving of cantoloupe a week...and grapefruit squeeezed in my warm water 1 time a day.

No grains,no sugars,no bad carbs..no allergens....maybe,2 servings of lean white rotissuary chicken a week?

until I can do no meat totally,or cooked foods..

(I have not eaten cooked foods, for the past 2 weeks, and my pores are looking really well,besides 2 eruptions on each cheek that are small and leaving a scar.)

I really dont need meat, I just wanted the protein from the meat...but now since I will be getting my protein from spirulina I dont need the flesh of meat :)

I am adding the gluco powder hoping for consistant bm's..and for the reaons LiVinG stated about it helping colonize/acidfy my inner organs/intestines....and for some good bacteria in my colon area.

I will report how ell it goes or not.

Miss Josette,

Did you see any improvement in your skin when you used FiberSure?

I'm using psyillium husks right now before my meals (2 scoops, as was stated in chrisaus thread a while back), and don't see much of an improvement.

I'm wondering if this means that means the g-powder will not work for me?

Not really.

I know that if I'm regular, my skin looks better.....but the Fiber Choice never really made me regular. I would still skip a day or two here and there, and if I wasn't consistent with when I took it, I always had problems with bms.

The glucomannan not only makes me more regular, but it also blocks carb spikes. I can eat meals with carbs now and they have no effect on my skin. I can eat breads, cereals, pies, etc..... as long as I take the glucomannan, I'm safe.

I've been taking this in the morning since mid-June. I've been taking it regularly since the last part of June. I avoid fried foods and dairy. That's about it. I still eat plenty of vegetables and fruits, I can also just eat that piece of desert or bread with my meals as well. And no more avoiding restaurants with my family and friends.

It's awesome. A lifesaver. Skinwise and food wise because I have freedom. And I'm happy.

Not really.

I know that if I'm regular, my skin looks better.....but the Fiber Choice never really made me regular. I would still skip a day or two here and there, and if I wasn't consistent with when I took it, I always had problems with bms.

The glucomannan not only makes me more regular, but it also blocks carb spikes. I can eat meals with carbs now and they have no effect on my skin. I can eat breads, cereals, pies, etc..... as long as I take the glucomannan, I'm safe.

I've been taking this in the morning since mid-June. I've been taking it regularly since the last part of June. I avoid fried foods and dairy. That's about it. I still eat plenty of vegetables and fruits, I can also just eat that piece of desert or bread with my meals as well. And no more avoiding restaurants with my family and friends.

It's awesome. A lifesaver. Skinwise and food wise because I have freedom. And I'm happy.

[/quote

This is what I hope my experience will be as well.Not so I can eat anything, but just so I can be regular again :pray: ...lol.

Miss Josette,

Great! I'll go buy some and try it out.

How do you use it? A tbsp before every meal?

Yep. :) I break it into two half teaspoons, mix each with water, and down in one go both times. It gels fast, so I don't use cold, cold water (makes it too hard to down quickly).