Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
crevin

For anyone curious about Candida and acne

http://howiclearedmyacne.blogspot.com/

check out that guy's website, esp the before and after pics. he is just some random college kid in cali who is not trying to sell any products.

i think it took himabout 6-8 months to clear up-- but the change in his complexion is amazing.

the only thing i suggest is do NOT ingest fruits if you are trying to beat candida-- maybe at a later point, but at the beginning just avoid sugar COMPLETELY.

I've been doing the 'anti candida' diet for about 3 weeks now and my face has never looked better. I will post some before/after pics up soon I hope. Redness is almost nonexist, just have a few red marks and old scars but they seem to be fading. Just realize that this method can take months to do. It aint easy.

and one last thing that is VITAL to this diet--

you cannot... i repeat....CANNOT...eat gluten-free noodles or pasta or ANY CARBS, NO MATTER HOW HEALTHY THEY MIGHT BE! bottom line= they still break down into sugar and will feed the candida :(. Once u get candida under control (which might take a couple months), THEN you can try gluten free stuff and 'healthier' carbs. but to start out, eat NO carbs.

And I am not encouraging you to go out and buy as many supplements as this guy did.

I am seeing improvement with taking probiotic supplement 3 x daily (35mil per capsule), 1 tspn coconut oil twice daily, 1 oil of oregano, and two Candida Clear pills (there are multiple different kinds you can get -- just make sure it has black walnut in it).

Whether I am really killing the "candida" (maybe this is some BS that is all made up, I Don't know) or maybe it is just the fact I am staying 100% away from carbs now (used to have gluten free pasta and bread, and I also used to pig out once every few weeks, which supposedly 'resets' the candida so you are back to ground zero again)... all I know is my skin is clearing up.

And I am not encouraging you to go out and buy as many supplements as this guy did.

I am seeing improvement with taking probiotic supplement 3 x daily (35mil per capsule), 1 tspn coconut oil twice daily, 1 oil of oregano, and two Candida Clear pills (there are multiple different kinds you can get -- just make sure it has black walnut in it).

Whether I am really killing the "candida" (maybe this is some BS that is all made up, I Don't know) or maybe it is just the fact I am staying 100% away from carbs now (used to have gluten free pasta and bread, and I also used to pig out once every few weeks, which supposedly 'resets' the candida so you are back to ground zero again)... all I know is my skin is clearing up.

what's the deal with yogurt? does it convert to sugar or not? does ACV trigger yeast? i read that the strictest anti-candida diet without fruit, starches, legumes, nuts, dairy, and grains in not medically sound and it is only recommended for 1 month since candida needs to be eradicated through any means necessary. probably the lack of vitamin c from fruits is the major insufficiency. i am getting different info on whether whole gluten-free grains are good to bring back after the second month or to avoid for life. grains can cause less of a sugar spike than fruit at least for me. i have eaten so much saturated fat on this diet to make up for the missing calories and it has made me sick.

what's the deal with yogurt? does it convert to sugar or not? does ACV trigger yeast? i read that the strictest anti-candida diet without fruit, starches, legumes, nuts, dairy, and grains in not medically sound and it is only recommended for 1 month since candida needs to be eradicated through any means necessary. probably the lack of vitamin c from fruits is the major insufficiency. i am getting different info on whether whole gluten-free grains are good to bring back after the second month or to avoid for life. grains can cause less of a sugar spike than fruit at least for me. i have eaten so much saturated fat on this diet to make up for the missing calories and it has made me sick.

my best bet is to stay away from acv and yogurt, better safe than sorry.

so has your skin cleared up atleast after all that?

DEFINITELY avoid yogurt-- I used to eat this a lot b/c I thought the probiotics in it would be beneficial (which they are...). Yogurt just has too much sugar, though. Instead, take a probiotic supplement.

As for ACV, I don't know. I have read stuff (go research this on googgle) that claims ACV actually kills candida (maybe this is why drinking ACV clears up some people's complexion? It might have the same anti-yeast properties as coconut oil, oregano, and garlic).

My skin was better when I ate 1 serving of fruit a day. I have gotten deep cysts on my face from eating both organic butter and EV Organic coconut oil. So the anti-candida diet has made my acne worse. If I eat only fish/protein and veggies then my skin is nearly 100% clear, but this diet is not healthy or medically sound and has given me cravings for carbs and fats. I tested yogurt and acv and think they may feed yeast, but they didn't give me severe acne like coconut oil and butter.

thsi may sound stupid but whats candida?

candida is a yeast. i have candida too

oh thanks

what doe sit look like?

how do you know if your acne is candida-related?

check out that guy's website, esp the before and after pics. he is just some random college kid in cali who is not trying to sell any products.

i think it took himabout 6-8 months to clear up-- but the change in his complexion is amazing.

the only thing i suggest is do NOT ingest fruits if you are trying to beat candida-- maybe at a later point, but at the beginning just avoid sugar COMPLETELY.

I've been doing the 'anti candida' diet for about 3 weeks now and my face has never looked better. I will post some before/after pics up soon I hope. Redness is almost nonexist, just have a few red marks and old scars but they seem to be fading. Just realize that this method can take months to do. It aint easy.

=)

I actually accidentally found this forum when I was at an Apple store with a friend of mine the other day. I was surfing the web on one of the iphones when I decided to "google" my website for fun. I had no idea that people were actually talking about it.

But what crevin said is mostly true, my skin did clear up. But the only reason it took about 6-8 months was because I still wasn't too sure about what I was doing. These days, if I get reckless and decide to go on an all out binge drinking beerfest with my friends and eat haphazardly to the point of a massive breakout my face will definitely suffer.

BUT, because I know what to do now, I can clear up all the acne, all the blemishes, and all the scars within 3-4 weeks. This is not one of those infomercials where I'm trying to get to you buy my "3 Day Acne-Free Cream", I've actually cured myself today from experimenting on myself. And by the way, I don't believe in those products that claim you can be "Acne-Free in 3 Days." Fine, only if you have a single pimple, that product might work for you. However, in most more serious cases, like my own, these "solutions" simply aren't "solving" anything.

So what separates me from all the other talks about acne? I think Derrick from DerrickHong's Live Journal puts it best:

"The other day, I was online doing a little research on the differences between benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid, as I hunted down my next facial scrub. I came across this blog by a guy named Ray @ howiclearedmyacne.blogspot.com. He went through all the things I went through. Remarkably, he was able to come up with a "cure" based on his theory that the issue is all internal, not external. Acne is the product of toxins that are not "disposed" properly from the human body. His magic? Determination and commitment."

It's all internal, because your body, your organs, your heart, lungs, liver, stomach, and especially your skin all work together synergistically (Yes, the skin technically is an organ, the largest organ on your body as a matter of fact =). If something goes wrong in your body, say for example, you decided to attend your friend's 27th birthday party on a Sunday night and without choice, lose multiple times at a ridiculous card game that resulted in a myriad of Newcastles, cranberry vodkas, more Newcastles, and lots and lots of chips and salsa. You're definitely going to hurt your liver and stomach a little bit (not that this happened to me or anything this weekend =).

But let's just say this were to hypothetically happen to a guy named "Peter" over this past labor day weekend. Do you think that Peter did his body good or bad? Do you think that if Peter was already born with a slightly weaker liver or stomach, would he be able to recover as quickly as his friends? Do you think that he might have an upset stomach the next day? He might even, quite possibly, have a hangover or a terrible headache. His muscles would feel fatigued, he didn't get the proper sleep because his body was out of balance. On top of that, he decided to make things a little bit more difficult by ingesting fried and processed foods filled with chemicals (chips and salsa & lots of Panda Express) to give his body more to work on other than just getting rid of the alcohol. My point here is: how you treat your body will definitely affect how it runs. Just remember, every "body" is different, some people can't have dairy, some people are allergic to pollen, some people have acne break outs if they have too much sugar, some seemingly skinny people can take 6-7 shots of Tequila and not break a sweat while others are one shot wonders. We're all different, and if you have acne, you can't play by the same "rules" as everyone else. You have to be extra careful with your body and follow your own set of "rules." That's all I'm saying.

Oh, and if you haven't figured it out already, I'm Ray, the creator of the How I Cleared My Acne Blogspot. Nice to meet you all =)

hey ray, thanks for taking the time to comment on here! i was looking at your site just last night. everything sounds good... but i'd really like to talk to you more in depth about what you've done. if you're willing to, just let me know your email address. thanks ;)

Wow, I can't believe the actual RAY just posted in my thread! You are like a freakin' celebrity to me!

So I have one big question--

How long did it take to become COMPLETELY clear of all your red marks/blemishes? Because right now, after about a month of your regimen (I am not taking any fruit, though... avoiding all sugar), my face is doing awesome. I never get any new pimples, but I have lots of old red marks/blemishes that look EXACTLY like what you had. And what is your advice re sun/tanning and acne? Since you are in cali, I am guessing you get lots of sun.

Thanks a lot for any insight. I think your website/blog is the best acne advice out there right now. You deserve some serious props.

to ray if u r still lurking around here haha

did u eat kefir while on anti candida or after the anti diet?

how did u overcome candida?

BUT, because I know what to do now, I can clear up all the acne, all the blemishes, and all the scars within 3-4 weeks. This is not one of those infomercials where I'm trying to get to you buy my "3 Day Acne-Free Cream", I've actually cured myself today from experimenting on myself. And by the way, I don't believe in those products that claim you can be "Acne-Free in 3 Days." Fine, only if you have a single pimple, that product might work for you. However, in most more serious cases, like my own, these "solutions" simply aren't "solving" anything.

Rey,

u r a life saver.

Being the case that u now know what to do to clear up more quickly do u think u could post your newly found regimen with us?

your pq on your website is very helpful but nonetheless overwhelming with all your

supplements and vitamins.

and so if you have condensed your regimen in any way to produce faster results i would really appreciate it if u posted your regimen to share with us; topicals, vitamins, supplements and all.

thnx. :D

This is very interesting information.

However Ray's blog site doesn't really show a regimen... he just explains about the steps, but the link to "How to get started Now on step .." doesn't work...

where did you see the steps crevin?

I am sad to say that I am on a candida cleanse as well, and my head HATES it . I may have problems with low blood sugar because I get huge headaches on this cleanse. I am trying relaly hard to cut all sugars but for now, I HAVE to have some carbs in my diet otherwise I feel like my head is going to explode.

Plus I have alot of will power but this candida diet is SO rediculously hard.... I have already cut out dairy and sugar and any possible UNHEALTHY food, I used to cut gluten out until I found out I broke out WORSE without gluten (I think my body may actually like it). Now I eat whole wheat, whole grains. I try to eat less of it but I weigh only 110 lbs and I am 5"7, I CANNOT afford to lose weight. PLUS meat does NOT make me feel full... it's the weirdest thing. I can eat a 20oz steak and NOT feel full from it. But if I add in some whole grain brown rice... I am nice and full :). I seriously think my body likes carbs. Not everyone is a protein type... I might just be different than most of the people in here.

He is doing the regimen of Leo Kiesen (his acne e-book). With all the vitamins, minerals, kefir, diet, bowel and liver cleansing.

If you are interested in L.K. book - pm me. I may help you.

Lumitimi

is it based on treating candida?

So here is what I do:

6am Start

1) I wake up brush my teeth and floss.

2) Drink 1 liter of water. After a long night you get

dehydrated.

3) Now it's gym time. This varies, but I do 45 minutes

of Lipolysis Cardio each and every day.

4) Some stretching.

5) Shower

6) My Ultimate Morning Shake

My Ultimate Morning Shake :lol: That sounds like... never mind :)

IMG_8249.jpg

Im not sure its good for your liver to use that many pills

even if they are good for you its a lot. Most vitamin tablets are once a day use

so your well over doing it.

I clicked on the link for L.K acne book, it doesn't work and it keeps kicking me out. The actual regime is not on his blog either, just the steps. Anyone have the actual regimen for the 5 steps?