Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

when i see an acne commercial with someone its kinda AWKWARD

in fairness its not quite as awkward when you with your parents and an advert comes on about checking erectile disfunction :P:rolleyes: lol

I hate those adverts with a passion. Like any of those celebrities have suffered with a real acne problem. However I do feel kind of pleased that I am watching these ads with a cynical eye, some people actually believe that those products will help them....

Ugh. I absolutely despise those commercials.

The celebrities in those commercials barely even have acne. Puh-lease. :hand:

when i see an acne commercial with someone its kinda AWKWARD

in fairness its not quite as awkward when you with your parents and an advert comes on about checking erectile disfunction :P:rolleyes: lol

I just realised that that post makes it sound like i have other problems.... the acne adverts and the other adverts dont have the same meaning to me :think: shheeesssshh..... think i covered that up well :dance:

I don't know why but honestly I can't stand to watch Proactiv [clean&clear,clearasil,etc.]commercials or the celebrities talk about their supposed horrible acne problems. coughcoughJessicaSimpson,VanessaHudgens,etc.coughcough

heheh sorry i just had to vent

me too. i hate them. and i know it must have worked for some, but it didn't for me. every time i see that commercial, it reminds me about how long i was using it, just waiting, hoping for it to kick in.

and vanessa hudgens? UGH. what a lie! LOL. she has poreless skin.

and it seems like every month they come out with a new spokesperson :bs:

What pisses me off even more is when the spokesperson has no acne! Or better yet, has tiny tiny little bumps that they claim were "so bad!" If I had small bumps like that I wouldn't mind! The day I see a commercial that shows A REAL PERSON not a dumb celebrity healing from acne is the day I will consider buying a commercial product.

That recent acnefree(was it?) commercial pisses me off.

Tool1: take a look at timmy before

tool2: EWWW, GROSS.

tool1: take a look at timmy after (obviously photoshopped and with a shitload of makeup on)!

tool2: HOT

yes this is my favorite too. its really really lame. And jessica simpson just shut up!!!! that girl has never used proactive in her life why would a celeb with bag fulls of money use proactive??? they have super expensive top of the line dermatologists. ugh

I agree. It's especially awkward when your friends and/or family are in the room watching it as well.

They show the Jennifer Love-Hewitt Pro-Active commercials on a retro cartoon channel that my kids like. They tell me I should get some proactive, I laugh but I really want to smack them, LOL (not REALLY) :lol:

I agree, it is awkward tho, no matter who Im watching with..

I haaaaaaaaate ones where they are like, Oh my, I have a date on the weekend and I have a huge zit which yes, does suck but oh my, honey, you would just kill yourself if you looked liked me and I would kill you to have 1 zit on a crystal clear face..

i can't stand them either, esp. when they show the celeb's face and all you see is like 2-3 whiteheads - it's like, come on! seriously? omg - you celebs would totally kill yourselves if you had my face!

and i also wonder... in all those before and after photos they show - like on the proactiv commercial... how much makeup do you think the caked on for those after photos? and if so, how bad was their breakout after that? to make myself feel better i like to think it took weeks to recover...