Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Raina!

SFC LOTION - gentle soap free cleanser?

i just got my Duac gel today and it had this SFC LOTION gentle soap free cleanser. Im afraid of trying it because i have school in a week and i dont want to use a new product that may cause me to breakout. Is it any good? does it help/improve your skin?

I got it with my last duac perscription. I kind of liked it. It made my face feel nice xD

I stopped duac after a while though, so i dont know if it works or not. Its always worth a shot though!

i just got my Duac gel today and it had this SFC LOTION gentle soap free cleanser. Im afraid of trying it because i have school in a week and i dont want to use a new product that may cause me to breakout. Is it any good? does it help/improve your skin?

It works and is gentle and is on of the best. Its moisturizing. Acne products that dry your skin out way too much are not good for you!

I love it! I have been using duac for years and I am fully clear but my last derm appt. he gave me a sample of the SFC lotion and it seems to speed up the process and make my skin feel extra soft AND it doesn't burn :).

Hey, I have a question about duac, have u guys applied it twice daily and if so, do u put a moisturizer over it when going out in public?

I recieved it with my Duac as well. It took me a while to try it because I was using a strong BP wash, which was completely drying my skin. I decided to try FSC lotion because it was a gentle cleanser. My skin has appreciated it. It's no longer dry and flaky. It hasn't helped my break-outs, but it's not causing any either. You should give it a try. Drying out your skin DOES NOT help acne.

Hi,

I have used Duac cream/gel many times and I find it dries the acne/spots very well. Be careful not to use too much :)

Jam

Hey, I have a question about duac, have u guys applied it twice daily and if so, do u put a moisturizer over it when going out in public?

I only put it on before bed to give it time to do its job. In the morning I use my other cleanser and a good moisturizer.

My regemin is Duac, AM ,Tazorac, PM I was hesistant in using a lotion as a cleanser, but it has truly been the best cleansing agent ever. It adds just the right amount of moisture to your skin. I use cold water instead of hot water because a visit to spa taught me that warm water dries out your skin. I also use a moisturizer everytime I was my face. I have suffered from acne since I was 11 years old I am 30 now. SFC is very gentle. I like it better than Cetaphil. Unfortunately it is not sold over the counter.

I use cold water instead of hot water because a visit to spa taught me that warm water dries out your skin.

That is true, but warm water helps to open up your pores which is essential. If just the warm water alone is drying out your face then you have another problem on your hands.

I use cold water instead of hot water because a visit to spa taught me that warm water dries out your skin.

That is true, but warm water helps to open up your pores which is essential. If just the warm water alone is drying out your face then you have another problem on your hands.

I have been an esthetics educator for 5 years and teach an advanced laser program to doctor's and nurse's. I hear a lot of crazy things as a teacher. The temperature of water is always a huge debate. Just rememeber that extreme temperatures can cause broken capillaries and isn't a good thing. A lot of times your skin feels dried out because of the products you are using or the type of diet you have. Diet, exercise, and good skin care can change your life!

Steaming my face at night after I wash my face but before I shower has worked well. Been doing that for 2 months, I see a definite improvement. I wash with luke warm water too.

I actually use Duac in the morning as my primer. Works well and I feel like I have an extra "barrier" between my acne prone face and the make up. I've done the Duac in the morning for 4 years now. I do differin and clindamycin at night.

I should use that as a post, people might benefit from it.