Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Saphire82

My new favorite hair removal method!!!

Sugaring!!! :wub:

Has anyone ever tried this before? I know a lot of you have probably used a sugar based wax before (which is also called sugaring) but I've learned that their are two ways to do sugaring. You can either use the sugarwax the traditional way by heating it, applying a thin layer, and removing it with a strip of cloth....or you can do it the OTHER way where you use a wad of the wax at room temp, taffy like and then press it against your skin and flick it off....Ive just learned to use it this way and I love it!

You can also make the wax yourself, although its hard to get the right consistancy, but you can buy sugarwax especially for it or that at least this method works with...I had my husband bring some from when he visited in the middle east, its a popular Lebanese brand that his sisters use.

This method takes practice though, I tried it one time when I was watching my husbands sister do it and I could not get the wax to stick and take the hair off!! But you eventually learn how to get the wax right and it worked like a charm after that.

Heres a video that shows this method in action. I really recommend you try this...especially for you bikini area because you have so much more control...dont have to hurry up and apply the wax before it drips, this way you can take your time better. The person doing it in this video is obviously a professional so I havent been able to do it this fast yet, I only did it once so far.

I highly recommend this, and if anyone currently does this and has any tips...please share!!

I did this about 2 months ago and boy did it hurt! I used the sugar mix like taffy and I had heat it up about 4 times to get the consistency right to hair from both of my arm pits. I think I did something wrong, blood started to come out from some of the follicles :wall: It was my first time and I think I pulled it back too fast. It wasn't able to take off all the hair I had about 5-10 stray hairs on each arm. When it grew back I had less hair on right arm pit than my left and before that I had a bit more on the right, did I damage some of my follicles? Some of my hairs grew back at a faster rate then others :shrug: It made the skin baby soft though and it lasted longer than shaving would have.

Did you make any yourself before? How long did the results last for you?

Sometimes with thicker hair/follicles its hard to avoid bleeding. It might stop after a few times of waxing because the hair is supposed to grow back more sparse. Not all hair will grow back at the same rate, that happens to me too where some hair will grow back faster than others.

Yeah it definately makes you skin soft too! Thats just another reason I love it. I also thinkn it is helping with ingrowns since it exfoliates so nice and with other waxing before I had trouble with them, I think it may be too quick to tell for sure.

I have tried to make it myself a few times but am still workig on getting it right. For now I have 3 containers with this stuff my husband broght back for me from the middle east, but I did find a place where I could buy it online if I run out. My hair usually grows pretty fast but Im hoping that keeping this up it will start to grow back slower and its different for everyone.

I've been using Parissa's Body Sugar and have been doing it with the strip but I'm definitely going to try and make some of the sugar wax on my own and do it with just the sugar and a hand. It looks neat...and would save me from buying strips and the kit.

I think using it this way is fun, its neat how you can smear it on and flick it back off, it kinda makes waxing more interesting. I hated having to have the wax at the right temperature (not too hot, not too cold) this way you just have to work up the mass to get the right consistancy and your body warmth keeps it just right when you start using it. Yeah if I can be able to make this stuff myself I would be soo happy because omg it would be the absolute cheapest beauty regimen I use. Its just sugar, lemon juice, a little water and sometimes honey which isnt exactly expensive either. If I have nothing else to do tonight ill try once again to make a batch.

Oh, I do not like sugaring. I had a bikini done that way once and I felt like I was pummeled down there. (Sorry if tmi.) I'll take wax with cloth strips any day of the week over that! JMHO. ;)