Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
chaloopa

What is peeling after I put on AH after BP?

So I started using an alpha hydroxy at night after waiting 15 minutes or so of having the BP on. This makes my skin really flaky......I can't tell, is it the BP coming off or dead skin? It's making my skin flaky the next day too. If I touch my face stuff comes off. Help me out please.

Thanks for the response.

I'm using the Alpha Hydrox brand. (http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=16741&catid=21503&trx=PLST-0-SRCH&trxp1=21503&trxp2=16741&trxp3=1&trxp4=0&btrx=BUY-PLST-0-SRCH)

BP amount has been the same full amount. I've been clear, and just wanted to add in an AHA product so I could reap the benefits from that as well. I'll experiment without it for a day or two, because as far as i can remember, I wasn't as flaky when I didn't use the AHA.

I checked the board for similar posts and came up with some other things. I'll try out the BP gel when it becomes available (I hear gel absorbs better). I think I'll also check out the Eucerin stuff.

My face was also VERY flaky and peeling while using Eucerin Renewal AHA, After 2 Fingers of BP. I've switched to Neutrogena oil-free spf 15, and the peeling has stopped.

Yeah, just found out the exact same thing, dhays88.

I used a non-AHA moisturizer last night, and I had neither flaking last night nor so far today. I guess the exfoliating properties of the AHA don't go too well with my skin.

My son thought he was peeling, but what it turned out to really be was the layers of BP "peeling and flaking" off when he was rubbing around on his face. Not saying YOU'RE not peeling, but make sure you're not just removing the BP accidentally!