Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Im Jake

Please Help :(! [pictures]

i have also tried everything including proactive and dr.murad nothing worked for me. The best advice I could give you is that you should see a dermatologist instead of I like to call it experimenting because you could actually cause more damage (such as irritation). I wish you all the best.

My dermatologist if 2 hours away. I see her once a week we are in the office for about 2 minutes all she does is give me pills.

Hi Jake,

I cant seem to pull up your pics when I click on the link. Oh well, I believe you anyway.

My son is turning 15 at the end of this month. He also tried Proactive and every product out there including perscriptions. I dont know how bad yours is but his was moderate and he went on accutane. It is working very well for him. He is almost done and 95 percent clear. I would ask your parents to take you to a dermatologist if it is bothering you. Make sure thet have insurance...It's pretty expensive.

Good Luck

Might be a silly question but have you tried the regimen on this website yeah?

Kinda assuming that since your here?

Jake,

I've had acne since I was about your age, this year it finally started clearing up, ( mid 20's now).

Getting older helps, but also try reading the books about acne by Dr. Perricone.

People say his diet is bunk, but it really helped me. You basically have to eat really heathly, (eat a lot of canned salmon, salads etc) take vitamins and drink a ton of water. Try to avoid wheat and sugar.

Also differin brand acne gel (you can get a prespcition from a dermatologist or family doctor) helped me.

Finally, if you can talk your parents into it, there is a laser treatment called Isolaz that sucks the gunk out of your pores and then zaps the bacteria. ( it doesn't hurt).

I've always had huge dime sized zits on my face, chest and back until now.

Good luck! Try the Perricone diet and the differin, it should really show up after about a month. :surprised:

Hm, if you've tried so many things, I don't know what will work for you--but after all that, I think you'll just have to wait it out. Do do daily cleansing--washing your face twice a day, maybe three at most since I'm assuming your face is pretty oily. 1) I suggest using products that have salicylic acid. No higher than two percent though--it helps cleanse your pores.

2) Eat healthy and figure out what in your diet may be causing you to break out. Write down what you eat everyday for about a week to a month, and see what common foods show up often--these could be the foods that are causing you to break out. Drink plenty, plenty of water.

3) Exercise is said to help. I exercise and I end up breaking out even more, probably because my skin doesn't do well with sweating, but it could help clear your pores some more.

4) Take vitamins--zinc is supposed to be helpful. I've read and heard a lot about it helping clear up acne more. I personally don't take it--but I do take Fish Oil with Omega 3 in it for my keratosis pilaris--it seemed to help not only with that, but my acne too. I stopped taking it recently, and now-a-days I'm breaking out like crazy, but I'm thinking it's just the heat. Try it.

Considering how bad your acne is, it will take quite a long while for it to start going away. I've been on Tretinoin for two months now and it got worse, got much better, and then got far worse again. Now I have so many open tiny wounds from popping that I can't use it for a while until they heal. It doesn't help when I break out five times as much when I'm on my period and I'm still young like you--seven times as many hormones surging through our bodies. So now I'm stuck doing what I have suggested you do, and it worked before I went on the Tretinoin treatment. Hopefully it'll help slightly with yours--though it will take longer.

Sometimes trying too hard makes things worse.

For keratosis pilaris, too, some people have found that when you stop trying too hard, and stop thinking about it too much, and stop letting it affect you too often, and feeling better about YOURSELF and accepting it, actually causes it to go away. Or at least start to fade a little. And that's better than nothing, right? Keratosis pilaris also has no treatment whatsoever. At least there are products out there for acne--I've only ever seen one product truly made specifically for KP. So try and just ... not really get over it, but stop letting it control absolutely everything in your life. Maybe you'll see a difference.

But when it comes to these skin "conditions" I'll call them, patience is key.

I'm Jake. I'm 15 and have has acne for about 2-3 years... I've tried proactiv and everything, and NOTHING WORKS!

34fmuiw.jpg

14mzvo4.jpg

mt2pv.jpg

23w8jdd.jpg

5xt1c.jpg

I just got out the shower and added a moisturizor sorry for the glare and stuff >.>

Although I have retired after 42 years I spent my career treating people with this condition. I would like to see if I can help you. Will you please email me at [email protected] and tell me exactly what pills your physician is giving you?

Well I'm not really sure whats going to help you, but I'm pretty sure only antibiotics/isotretinoin (accutane) is going to help significantly. You said that you have tried accutane, can you tell us some more about that? (Note that accutane doesn't lead to long term stomach problems, it's a rare side effect)

You don't need a pretty well balanced diet, you need a healthy diet and avoid the products that trigger your inflammations. We all understand that you want it gone now, but let's be honoust: that's not going to happen, no matter what you change. It takes time. I understand that you're feeling depressed, but that's not going to help either. You really should try to be as positive as possible and throw away your mirror if that's what it takes.

Now what do you consider a "pretty well balanced diet"?

I eat very little junk food. I eat usually chicken, steak ribs as a meat group (sometimes ill buy beef jerky) I eat potatos and corn. Just anything really.

Well I'm not really sure whats going to help you, but I'm pretty sure only antibiotics/isotretinoin (accutane) is going to help significantly. You said that you have tried accutane, can you tell us some more about that? (Note that accutane doesn't lead to long term stomach problems, it's a rare side effect)

While taking the antibiotics we saw no improvement. (3 months)

I recommend you to continue your Accutane treatment...if you can...

Because it'll prevent future acne, and scaring from cystic acne.

If you leave those big cystics for a long time, they will create indentations and leave scars on your face. So, it is better to take care of them asap.

I took Accutane for four months now. I had a rough time at the beginning of my course. But now I am pretty happy. I am so glad that I didn't give up.

Now, I only have 1-2 months left. I don't get that much side effect, but my skin is getting so much better. My scars are getting so much better.

My general advice is... to eat a lot of green vegetables, less daily foods(organic one is okay.), and work out regularly.

I hope you find something that will work for you. Good luck to you :) !